Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Can't Highlands Get Boone Co On It's Softball Schedule?

Featured Replies

What's the deal here? I have heard from multiple sources that Highlands reached out on Several occasions this past year to get Boone Co. on the schedule. Wouldn't it be a great benefit for both programs to play one another? I think so!

 

I heard the Highlands coach reached out via email more than once and ask the Boone Coach to play and his reply was "Sure"

 

Not "Sure" what that means besides they aren't playing one another. I mean if your schedule is full and you don't have any open dates then spell it out. A simple no Thanks would be good. I think Highlands will move onto another perspective opponent as they have. Is their bad blood between them?

 

When my daughter was younger at the Frosh level we visited Boone on several occasions. Very nice group of players and it would be interesting to see how they have grown up and developed!

 

Anybody?

They are waiting for Graybill to leave :lol:

 

LIKE

 

LOL

  • Author
They are waiting for Graybill to leave :lol:

 

Like...

Boone Co would not play Notre Dame in Soccer in the past. (NKAC D1 game be darned). Playing next season.

Like...

 

....and maybe a couple others... They are still a really good team and "O" Jackson could very well pitch them into the region. Very nice pitcher.... Are they in a district with Ryle, Cooper and Conner?

I find this topic to be comical. Boone County plays one of the tougher schedules of any team in Northern Kentucky. Boone starts out the season at the Marshall County Slugfest with solid teams entered such as Marshall County, Graves County, and Henderson County. Boone is also scheduled to play in the Kentucky Prep 5 Star Classic with a solid field that includes #2 Woodford County , #9 North Laurel, #20 South Laurel, and Johnson Central. Boone is then scheduled to play in the Queen of Swing at East Carter. East Carter (#14) has the top 2018 pitcher who will be pitching at the University of Alabama in a couple years. Montana is fun to watch!

 

I don't know why they don't play but it certainly isn't because they fear any team or player. The last regular season game against Highlands was the inaugural game at the Birdcage. Could it be that Highlands doesn't want to make the return trip to Boone County?

Doesn't sound like Boone has even responded so I doubt if they've got to the point of discussing where the games would be played. Hmmm.

  • Author
Doesn't sound like Boone has even responded so I doubt if they've got to the point of discussing where the games would be played. Hmmm.

 

That's my point! Boone has a very nice program and one would think they would want to Schedule as many NKY teams as they could to keep travel expenses down. I'm guessing money is no object! Just curious is to why the Boone coach wouldn't give a better Explaination as to why they couldn't play other than a Simple response of "Sure"....Sure we will play or "Sure" thing Buddy! I guess one will never know....

I would not want to play them until 9th region final, when top baseball teams play each other, they don't show there strength, they will not pitch there best during regular season. Fastpitch, you usually only have 1 pitcher. Why show your pitcher to the favorite in region. Just my opinion...IF I was a contender, I would not show my strengths, IF I did play them.

  • Author
I would not want to play them until 9th region final, when top baseball teams play each other, they don't show there strength, they will not pitch there best during regular season. Fastpitch, you usually only have 1 pitcher. Why show your pitcher to the favorite in region. Just my opinion...IF I was a contender, I would not show my strengths, IF I did play them.

 

So Boone doesn't have to see Ryle or Conner before the Region? Yeah good luck with that. It's hard to hide your Ace when you play them in District play right? Highlands as well as Boone have loaded up their schedule this year. It's a smart move for both. Outside of maybe 2 or 3 pitchers in NKY, neither team will see the same quality of pitching as they will when they take on the down state opponents. If you want to compete down state you better learn how to hit their pitcher's.

 

I just find it odd that both aren't playing this year. I just think there might be something else than what's showing. Isn't Highlands a top 20 team this year? You would think Highlands,Notre Dame,NCC,Conner & Ryle as well as a few others would be on everyone's schedule.

 

Something tells me that everyone of those teams I mentioned outside of Highlands is on Boone's.....

 

Am I wrong?

I don't have a dog in the fight. Is Boone County in the same district as Highlands?

  • Author
I don't have a dog in the fight. Is Boone County in the same district as Highlands?

 

No or they would have to play each other...

How about the conference?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.