Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Class 4A

Featured Replies

Don't count out Johnson Central. As much as I'd love to see my Tomcats in there, it might be a little bit of a rebuilding year on Elm St.

Johnson Central returns I believe something like 7 or 8 starters each way. They will be the team to beat in 4A East although Wayne County will definitely be a Top 5 team with more than a puncher's chance.

Scott should be ready to contend again.

South Warren John Hardin or franklin Simpson but I'll bet on coach smith

I would say SW or Franklin Simpson. I believe FS will have the edge this year. I think W.E. Raider would say they may grow up this year. SW has all the pieces to do it again, but I'm not sure the chemistry will be there as it was last year. Would love to see some competition form Louisville road, but doesn't look to happen.

Been wrong before, but I think South Warren goes back to back. Did they lose alot? Yes, especially some key defensive pieces. But with what comes back and some good young kids and great coaching staff, I would pick them. My soap box speech is "if you can't throw, you can't beat South" still stands. This isn't to say South can't defend the pass, but if you let them load the box where they don't have to think about the pass, forget about it. Ryder Litten, Namvong and company will continue to reap the rewards of the defense setting the offense up with great field position.

I think 3A and 4A are pretty similar for this upcoming season.

 

Everybody knows who the king is. Everybody knows the difficulty in knocking them off. Everybody is going to give it their best shot. And everybody knows it's going to be an uphill battle.

 

And at the same time, there are still quite a few really good teams that will make for amazing games this year.

Been wrong before, but I think South Warren goes back to back. Did they lose alot? Yes, especially some key defensive pieces. But with what comes back and some good young kids and great coaching staff, I would pick them. My soap box speech is "if you can't throw, you can't beat South" still stands. This isn't to say South can't defend the pass, but if you let them load the box where they don't have to think about the pass, forget about it. Ryder Litten, Namvong and company will continue to reap the rewards of the defense setting the offense up with great field position.

Heard from a reliable source that Namvong wasn't even on the team at this time. I'm sure there are some SW boys that will be able to confirm or refute.... I hope it's not true, but that is out there.

Heard from a reliable source that Namvong wasn't even on the team at this time. I'm sure there are some SW boys that will be able to confirm or refute.... I hope it's not true, but that is out there.

 

Cat,

 

This is pretty interesting info that I had not heard. Would be a factor if it plays out.

 

I know you are a FS guy and I really like their upcoming team . Very talented. And I think FS could have a passing game, just not sure they want to as they seem to show it sporadically, but didn't if I recall correctly in the playoff game vs South last year. That district should come down to FS and SW. Good luck!

Hopkinsville could be the dark horse

 

Agree, but they would have to come to Warren County to win that one in the playoffs!

They might be weak next year?

 

GG, are you talking about South Warren? If yes, what do you see as the scenario to make them weak next year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.