Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 2016

Featured Replies

What does Boyle County need to do to improve in 2016? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay healthy. Get bigger and stronger. Soak up some experience.

 

It'll be interesting to see who is playing where when the season starts.

Looking at some of the names and positions Boyle lost it would be easy to expect them to take a bit of a step back.... I am not sure I am feeling that way though.

 

I think with yet another year under Smith Boyle maintains a similar level to where they were last year despite the losses of some excellent individual players. I think they open as a Top 5 team in the class and with as good of a shot as anyone to reach the Finals out of the West.

Looking at some of the names and positions Boyle lost it would be easy to expect them to take a bit of a step back.... I am not sure I am feeling that way though.

 

I think with yet another year under Smith Boyle maintains a similar level to where they were last year despite the losses of some excellent individual players. I think they open as a Top 5 team in the class and with as good of a shot as anyone to reach the Finals out of the West.

 

You are more optimistic than most down here. I'm interested in seeing the schedule. I think this year is a developmental year to get ready to make run at a title in 2017. As of now I think there are quite a few open positions at important spots right now.

 

I think the freshman class will have an impact on this year's success. Whether it be on special teams or wherever I do think we will see more than one freshman on the field quite often.

Part of my optimism is there really aren't many teams in the West who seem to return the farm.

 

Central= 7 starters or so lost each side

LexCath= 5 or 6 starters lost each side including some superstars

Etown= 6 or 7 starters lost and almost all Offense

Tilghman= 5 or 6 starters lost including best players on Offense

 

Caldwell has a solid core returning and some skill player talent, Waggener probably returns the most and the best individual talent.. but by and large after a historically good year in 2015 I think there will be more parity in the West. With not a lot of dominant Offensive players returning on the whole...the best Defensive teams will have a strong shot and I expect Smith's Defense to do just fine.

 

Also to be noted, I dont think 3A West will be "Down" by any means... you should have 6 or 7 very solid teams... just not filled with Top 30 teams in Kentucky like last year when you had 5 teams or so who would be Top 5 in any class besides 6A.

You are more optimistic than most down here. I'm interested in seeing the schedule. I think this year is a developmental year to get ready to make run at a title in 2017. As of now I think there are quite a few open positions at important spots right now.

 

I think the freshman class will have an impact on this year's success. Whether it be on special teams or wherever I do think we will see more than one freshman on the field quite often.

 

You will see about 4 to 5 freshman playing sometime this year. QB, RB, and LB are the spots that I think we are going to have to have someone step into play. You don't want to have to depend on freshman to do that but Boyle will have some play some this year. The freshman class is talented but they are freshman. The future looks bright but I think we will take a few lumps at the beginning of the year. Coach Smith will have them playing football at the end of the year and you can count on that.

You will see about 4 to 5 freshman playing sometime this year. QB, RB, and LB are the spots that I think we are going to have to have someone step into play. You don't want to have to depend on freshman to do that but Boyle will have some play some this year. The freshman class is talented but they are freshman. The future looks bright but I think we will take a few lumps at the beginning of the year. Coach Smith will have them playing football at the end of the year and you can count on that.

 

I would be shocked to see Coach Smith play 4-5 freshman! Playing freshman isn't in his football philosophy but if they truly are the best we have available I wouldn't put it past him. I'm curious as to see who fills in the vacant positions. I had heard that Reeves will be asked to move from RB to TE and am assuming Tiller will be filling in at QB. If tiller assumes that role he just needs to know that nobody expects him to be Josiah Robbins, just be Sam Tiller. Josey was a once in decade type of athlete.

I would be shocked to see Coach Smith play 4-5 freshman! Playing freshman isn't in his football philosophy but if they truly are the best we have available I wouldn't put it past him. I'm curious as to see who fills in the vacant positions. I had heard that Reeves will be asked to move from RB to TE and am assuming Tiller will be filling in at QB. If tiller assumes that role he just needs to know that nobody expects him to be Josiah Robbins, just be Sam Tiller. Josey was a once in decade type of athlete.

 

We I heard it straight from the Coach when he was talking to the guy I do stats with. The guys grandson will be a freshman and he said that there could be 4-5 freshman who could get playing time.

We I heard it straight from the Coach when he was talking to the guy I do stats with. The guys grandson will be a freshman and he said that there could be 4-5 freshman who could get playing time.

 

Wow! Is the freshman class that good or the classes above that weak?

Wow! Is the freshman class that good or the classes above that weak?

 

I'm thinking a little of both.

I was told at a basketball game a couple weeks ago that Nick Walker could possibly be the starting Quarterback next season anyone else heard this?

Are we talking about this years freshman class that will be sophomores next season or this years 8th grade class that will be freshman next season? Not sure how many can play varsity as freshman but this years 8th grade class is absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball and it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them play as freshman.

I was told at a basketball game a couple weeks ago that Nick Walker could possibly be the starting Quarterback next season anyone else heard this?

 

Yes. This has been going around for a few months now.

Are we talking about this years freshman class that will be sophomores next season or this years 8th grade class that will be freshman next season? Not sure how many can play varsity as freshman but this years 8th grade class is absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball and it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them play as freshman.

 

This year's 8th grade class. I can see Reese Smith and Landon Bartleson both getting time on the field whether it is special teams or certain packages. I'm thinking Wilson Kelly may possibly get an opportunity at varsity playing time at some point as well. Those are three names I have heard and from watching that 8th grade team a few times last year I think there will be others who will push for some action on Friday nights.

This year's 8th grade class. I can see Reese Smith and Landon Bartleson both getting time on the field whether it is special teams or certain packages. I'm thinking Wilson Kelly may possibly get an opportunity at varsity playing time at some point as well. Those are three names I have heard and from watching that 8th grade team a few times last year I think there will be others who will push for some action on Friday nights.

 

Those are the names that I have heard also along with EZ Roller. Well that is what the kids call him, EZ. That class of 8th graders has the size and the quickness. If not mistaken, they did not lose a game their 7th grade or 8th grade years.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.