Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Bracket

Featured Replies

I know "seed vs draw" has been beaten to death, but here's a different take.

 

If I were the coach of St Pat or Augusta, I think I would vote to seed.

 

Yes, I understand that dooms us to a one and done drilling in the tournament every year. And, I understand a draw offers the opportunity for a competitive state tournament game once every three years, on average. If we happen to win that first game, there is at least some basis for a sense of accomplishment.

 

Yet, the morning after that win, when reality sets in, all we have to look forward to is another week of basketball and the certainty of two drillings before its over, in the District Final and the regional. That's not good for the seniors nor for the program to end that way.

 

Someone mentioned they hope the St Pat girls enjoy their regional experience. I respect the sentiment, and wish it could be true. But, they won't. No one looks forward to the embarrassment of getting drilled, especially on a large stage in front of a large audience.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the top 4 teams (Mason County, Scott, CC, GRC) this is a pretty Blah Regional for it's opening round of games. Looking forward to the Semi- Final games after all the enjoy the experience regional teams have gotten to do just that.

Those top 4 teams would not have been looking forward to having Bracken County come up as their opening round game.

You could call me a homer but Mason should run through the region... talent, sweet sixteen final four experience, great coach. what does this team not have? go Royals!

You could call me a homer but Mason should run through the region... talent, sweet sixteen final four experience, great coach. what does this team not have? go Royals!

a win over Campbell. :popcorn:Sry I had too.

a win over Campbell. :popcorn:Sry I had too.

 

Darn refs!

Outside of the top 4 teams (Mason County, Scott, CC, GRC) this is a pretty Blah Regional for it's opening round of games. Looking forward to the Semi- Final games after all the enjoy the experience regional teams have gotten to do just that.

Those top 4 teams would not have been looking forward to having Bracken County come up as their opening round game.

 

Since the like feature is temporarily disabled:

 

"Like"

Darn refs!

 

No...Refs had little to do with the CC win over MC earlier this year. CC was far more ready to play. They jumped on MC and basically never let them in the game. I imagine if they play again that MC will be ready this time. However the game will be at Campbell and CC will have the confidence from the first win so I think it would be a toss up. BUT both CC and MC will have to play well to even get to the finals. There are teams very capable of knocking them off in Semis.

Edited by maysvilleky

No...Refs had little to do with the CC win over MC earlier this year. CC was far more ready to play. They jumped on MC and basically never let them in the game. I imagine if they play again that MC will be ready this time. However the game will be at Campbell and CC will have the confidence from the first win so I think it would be a toss up. BUT both CC and MC will have to play well to even get to the finals. There are teams very capable of knocking them off in Semis.

 

Was just kidding.

:thumb:

GRC vs Campbell will be a good one Friday night in the first semi final game. Robbie will have his bunch as prepared as any coach can have. Campbell better come ready to play. GRC will not be "backdoored" from a preparation standpoint.

GRC vs Campbell will be a good one Friday night in the first semi final game. Robbie will have his bunch as prepared as any coach can have. Campbell better come ready to play. GRC will not be "backdoored" from a preparation standpoint.

 

Why wouldn't Campbell Co be ready to play? It is regionals at their place, Menefee will have the girls ready to play. If you are not ready to play in the regionals then there is something wrong.

You could call me a homer but Mason should run through the region... talent, sweet sixteen final four experience, great coach. what does this team not have? go Royals!

 

They barely ran through their district

You could call me a homer but Mason should run through the region... talent, sweet sixteen final four experience, great coach. what does this team not have?[/B] go Royals!

 

Humble fans :wave:

You could call me a homer but Mason should run through the region... talent, sweet sixteen final four experience, great coach. what does this team not have? go Royals!

 

According to some parents a coach that is good enough to get the job done. Hearing rumblings that some are dissatisfied with a 25 - 3 season and that the pending doom and gloom rest squarely on the shoulders of the coach.

(I do not subscribe to this BTW)

 

I have never heard / seen a group of parents be so disappointed with a team and their coach when they are a top favorite in the region.....

 

Only in Mason County....

According to some parents a coach that is good enough to get the job done. Hearing rumblings that some are dissatisfied with a 25 - 3 season and that the pending doom and gloom rest squarely on the shoulders of the coach.

(I do not subscribe to this BTW)

 

I have never heard / seen a group of parents be so disappointed with a team and their coach when they are a top favorite in the region.....

 

Only in Mason County....

 

No kidding?

 

I know I've ridiculed Mason a lot lately. Some being serious, other with sarcasm and in jest, but in absolute all seriousness, what more could be/have been expected. It appears as though Coach Cox has did an outstanding job.

Sophmores: Final Four

Juniors: Finals

Seniors: State Champions?

 

It's only common sense. If it doesn't happen somebody has to be to blame.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.