Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Idiocracy

Featured Replies

Speaking for myself. Depends on what "love" means. As a general affection for all people...sure, I love them.

 

Now imagine for a second if Hilliary came out and said "I love welfare recipients." How would you react? I think your reaction would be correct. You would see it not as a statement of love and affection, but as a "celebration" of their station and her use of that for political gain. Likewise, I see no reason to celebrate being poorly educated nor for a politician like Trump to gleefully capitalize on their station.

 

Final shocker for you. The "poorly educated" that you are now infatuated with because they support Trump are the same welfare recipients that I mentioned. Welfare is for the red states, not the blue states and it is, in part, because conservative leaders have for a good long while "celebrated" ignorance as a virtue.

 

From a voter demographic standpoint, is the "poorly educated" demographic any different from the black, old, white, evangelic, secular demographic? Maybe he could have said "less" educated, and there wouldn't bee all the fuss, but the fundamental point, that there is a large demographic of less educated who support Trump, and Trump is thankful for that, is the same.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is that even remotely relevant?

 

Have you not figured these guys out yet? :)

Speaking for myself. Depends on what "love" means. As a general affection for all people...sure, I love them.

 

Now imagine for a second if Hilliary came out and said "I love welfare recipients." How would you react? I think your reaction would be correct. You would see it not as a statement of love and affection, but as a "celebration" of their station and her use of that for political gain. Likewise, I see no reason to celebrate being poorly educated nor for a politician like Trump to gleefully capitalize on their station.

 

Final shocker for you. The "poorly educated" that you are now infatuated with because they support Trump are the same welfare recipients that I mentioned. Welfare is for the red states, not the blue states and it is, in part, because conservative leaders have for a good long while "celebrated" ignorance as a virtue.

 

I am not infatuated with anything of the sort. What party is even bringing this up? Ugh yeah, your party. This election is going to hurt you guys. Im not saying Trump is going to win, but I am saying whoever the Republican nominee is will. And I and several others are going to love hearing you guys whine for the next few years. Just get ready.

JJ, you miss the obvious (to some of us) point. And it isn't that Trump loves the uneducated.

 

It's that he specifically emphasizes that they are his base.

 

Papa maybe you and others are missing the obvious. Trump and other Republican candidates are often portrayed to not care about anyone other than the 1%. Trump is pointing out that unlike what is often offered up he loves those that are poorly educated and struggling in today's society. The poor, down trodden and uneducated have been a core target of Democrats in every election I've seen in my life...maybe he's just pointing out that he does care about them and happy for thier support.

 

The facts are only obvious depending on your political view point to begin with.

 

FWIW kind of an elitist statement that Trump core supporters are the poorly educated.

The same arguments were lambasted by the left 4 and 8 years ago when examples of "Obamaphone" voters were shown.

 

The bottom line to me is that BOTH sides depend on a large percentage of their votes to come from under informed or uneducated voters.

 

Obama and his supporters did little or nothing to really quell the misinformation about all the freebies he was going to give people even though he and his more informed supporters knew it wouldn't happen.

 

Same for Trump now, he's doing just like Dems did in '08 and '12, he's playing to the least common denominator.

 

Now after an attempt at a civil discussion I would say that teh Dems have counted on the uneducated voter vote for years.

The same arguments were lambasted by the left 4 and 8 years ago when examples of "Obamaphone" voters were shown.

 

The bottom line to me is that BOTH sides depend on a large percentage of their votes to come from under informed or uneducated voters.

 

Obama and his supporters did little or nothing to really quell the misinformation about all the freebies he was going to give people even though he and his more informed supporters knew it wouldn't happen.

 

Same for Trump now, he's doing just like Dems did in '08 and '12, he's playing to the least common denominator.

 

Now after an attempt at a civil discussion I would say that teh Dems have counted on the uneducated voter vote for years.

 

I think the fact that both sides have their less informed voters kind of supports the notion that the writer's satire is becoming a reality. What's interesting is that each side thinks it's about the other side.

JJ, you miss the obvious (to some of us) point. And it isn't that Trump loves the uneducated.

 

It's that he specifically emphasizes that they are his base.

 

Mcpapa if you cant figure it out I am a supporter of those that are less fortunate. My dad had a

6th grade education and could barely read but by any standards did pretty well for himself. Had tons of common sense and was pretty smart when it came to politics.

 

However Trumps comments here I feel was taken out of context. Especially coming from the party, like another poster pointed out, that has preyed on the poor for decades and now to try to paint anyone, where its Trump or any other candidate in a bad light is nothing short of hypocritical.

 

Heck your buddies on here use terms like "walmart ammo crowd" etc to describe voters and have been down right abusive of some people.

 

No Mcpapa and all that liked your post, I think I can see pretty clear.

Edited by Jesse James

The same arguments were lambasted by the left 4 and 8 years ago when examples of "Obamaphone" voters were shown.

 

The bottom line to me is that BOTH sides depend on a large percentage of their votes to come from under informed or uneducated voters.

 

Obama and his supporters did little or nothing to really quell the misinformation about all the freebies he was going to give people even though he and his more informed supporters knew it wouldn't happen.

 

Same for Trump now, he's doing just like Dems did in '08 and '12, he's playing to the least common denominator.

 

Now after an attempt at a civil discussion I would say that teh Dems have counted on the uneducated voter vote for years.

 

Tru dat

That's why I didn't bother to post in the other thread about how smart the electorate is.

 

The electorate isn't that bright. Most are motivated by emotion and both major parties play on those emotions, making them fear that they may lose out on something.

 

I used to be so involved, just eaten up with politics. That was a long time ago. I tried being a Dem and tried being a Republican. Can't stand either of them now.

 

Voting 3rd party.

  • Author
I am not infatuated with anything of the sort. What party is even bringing this up? Ugh yeah, your party. This election is going to hurt you guys. Im not saying Trump is going to win, but I am saying whoever the Republican nominee is will. And I and several others are going to love hearing you guys whine for the next few years. Just get ready.

 

Papa maybe you and others are missing the obvious. Trump and other Republican candidates are often portrayed to not care about anyone other than the 1%. Trump is pointing out that unlike what is often offered up he loves those that are poorly educated and struggling in today's society. The poor, down trodden and uneducated have been a core target of Democrats in every election I've seen in my life...maybe he's just pointing out that he does care about them and happy for thier support.

 

The facts are only obvious depending on your political view point to begin with.

 

FWIW kind of an elitist statement that Trump core supporters are the poorly educated.

 

What party is bringing this up? Well, it was Trump who brought it up. An elitist statement? Again, it is Trump's statement. Trump is bragging that his supporters are poorly educated. He has previously bragged that his supporters will support him no matter what, even if he were to randomly shoot someone. How dare we liberals discuss what Trump says lol? I am not elitist against the "poorly educated" but I will repeat that it should not be celebrated as a virtue. The right has fanned the flames of anti-intellectualism for a long time, and now they have a candidate who personifies all the "values" of the right. He is your frankenstein monster, have fun dealing with him.

What party is bringing this up? Well, it was Trump who brought it up. An elitist statement? Again, it is Trump's statement. Trump is bragging that his supporters are poorly educated. He has previously bragged that his supporters will support him no matter what, even if he were to randomly shoot someone. How dare we liberals discuss what Trump says lol? I am not elitist against the "poorly educated" but I will repeat that it should not be celebrated as a virtue. The right has fanned the flames of anti-intellectualism for a long time, and now they have a candidate who personifies all the "values" of the right. He is your frankenstein monster, have fun dealing with him.

 

Good attemp to spin...you should be an attorney or congressman.

I beat my wife every morning.

I beat her up out Of bed to get my shower and feed the dog.

  • Author
I am not infatuated with anything of the sort. What party is even bringing this up? Ugh yeah, your party. This election is going to hurt you guys. Im not saying Trump is going to win, but I am saying whoever the Republican nominee is will. And I and several others are going to love hearing you guys whine for the next few years. Just get ready.

 

Papa maybe you and others are missing the obvious. Trump and other Republican candidates are often portrayed to not care about anyone other than the 1%. Trump is pointing out that unlike what is often offered up he loves those that are poorly educated and struggling in today's society. The poor, down trodden and uneducated have been a core target of Democrats in every election I've seen in my life...maybe he's just pointing out that he does care about them and happy for thier support.

 

The facts are only obvious depending on your political view point to begin with.

 

FWIW kind of an elitist statement that Trump core supporters are the poorly educated.

 

Good attemp to spin...you should be an attorney or congressman.

 

Thanks for the input. I can see where you are really against spin. Here is a quote from above.

Your words: Trump is pointing out that unlike what is often offered up he loves those that are poorly educated and struggling in today's society. End of your words.

 

Nobody believes that, not even the people who say they believe it, and not even you who wrote it. It is a laughable statement, and for you to type that and then chastise me for "spin" in my post is ridiculous.

I LOVE how many on the left have such a high opinion of themselves. They are now authorities on peoples motivations and meanings.

I LOVE how many on the left have such a high opinion of themselves. They are now authorities on peoples motivations and meanings.

 

They are legends in their own minds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.