Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X Raises the Radio Bar

Featured Replies

From a press release I just received from Bisig Impact Group....

 

"St. Xavier High School and The Bisig Impact Group have announced a partnership to carry St. X athletics worldwide on the Bisig Impact Sports Radio Network through 2011.

This will include football, basketball, baseball, as well as the Jefferson County High School Football Playoffs, and the KHSAA State Football Championships. The arrangement, which includes Clear Channel Radio, is considered unique among high school sports programs around the country."

 

This includes WKRD 790 AM radio in Louisville, along with the world wide web.

 

DISCLOSURE--I work for Clear Channel and am posting this as information only

  • Replies 65
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to cover baseball games as well??? Wow...

That is pretty cool news! A radio network that will match the facilities!

Will they have improved announcers also?

Will they have improved announcers also?

 

 

X has homer announcers just like Trinity. :D

We already had to delete some posts and we are not going to let this turn into another X vs. T our thread is bigger than your thread debate.

X has homer announcers just like Trinity. :D

 

Sorry, I meant professional announcers from Clear Channel. Not meant to be a knock on the current super duo.

Will WKRD cover the playoffs and finals even if St. X is knocked out of the competition?

Sorry, I meant professional announcers from Clear Channel. Not meant to be a knock on the current super duo.

 

 

I actually have some knowledge of sports radio broadcasting so I'll answer..

First, it's high school football NOT college or NFL.

Second, Pro-announcers can be VERY expensive and again it's high school football also the cost of producing high sports progamming is more expensive than people think.

Third, because it is high school football you want someone who is very familiar with the program as well as someone has history with the program. If look at almost all high school sports radio programs the play-by-play, color and field guy are usually alums of the school.

Good job Tigers....! I say make a play for Paul Horning, Chris Montgomery and Bill Glaser in the booth! ... and Bob Dominie on the sidelines....

I checked and was told the playoffs are broadcast regardless if St. X is in it or not. Also, some games will be broadcast on WKJK 1080 AM but it just depends on availability of the station.

Good job Tigers....! I say make a play for Paul Horning, Chris Montgomery and Bill Glaser in the booth! ... and Bob Dominie on the sidelines....

 

 

I think they actually want people to listen to the broadcast :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually have some knowledge of sports radio broadcasting so I'll answer..

First, it's high school football NOT college or NFL.

Second, Pro-announcers can be VERY expensive and again it's high school football also the cost of producing high sports progamming is more expensive than people think.

Third, because it is high school football you want someone who is very familiar with the program as well as someone has history with the program. If look at almost all high school sports radio programs the play-by-play, color and field guy are usually alums of the school.

 

I take it the answer to my question is no.

If look at almost all high school sports radio programs the play-by-play, color and field guy are usually alums of the school.

 

I wonder when they will hold tryouts?!?!

 

:thumb:

WKCB in Hindman has been broadcasting Knott Central Athletics including Girls sports worldwide (Local radio and on the internet) for 2 years now ... We also do selected Little League and Middle School games also!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.