Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 56 Paris 54

Featured Replies

Senior night gone wrong! The infamous coach brooks decided to let the seniors of the team play the entire first quarter (senior that 90% of the season have not seen the basketball court) Paris starts the 2nd quarter down 11 I believe, trying to fight an uphill battle, while Pendleton had already found their groove, but the hounds were just starting the game. I am a Paris Alumni and have never seen this happen for the seniors on senior night, unless they can really play. Lol Paris btw was 9-21 from the ft line. Allen had 32 Garrard had 25

 

In a game that means nothing, what's wrong with giving the Seniors some love? They come to practice every day and work hard to make the "starters" better. If Paris was only 9-21 from the FT line, maybe that was the issue, not the fact that several other Seniors finally got a chance to play for their school.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
How many seniors does Paris have this year?

 

5 according to KHSAA website

 

James Clark

Koebe Garrard

Wan Dumphord

Demond Dorsey

Jasper Wolff

I believe only one of those seniors(Wolff) hasn't been in a starting lineup at some point this year already. Seemed like there were a couple times Allen rebounded his own miss 3 times. 9-21 FT isn't going to cut it this time of year, but I'm sure that's the "infamous" Brooks' fault.

I really thought this was the best game I have seen Dontaie Allen play. The young man plays with so little outward emotion but after palming the ball at a critical part of the game, he patted his chest, mouthed my fault, and was simply a beast. He played with that we're not going to be denied attitude that great athletes have. if you haven't seen the young man play, you have truly missed a treat.

 

I seem to be giving all the love to Dontaie but every player contributed and there are never any small contributions to a team sport. Go Cats!!

This game don't hurt Paris at all. Suck it up and play on.

I really thought this was the best game I have seen Dontaie Allen play. The young man plays with so little outward emotion but after palming the ball at a critical part of the game, he patted his chest, mouthed my fault, and was simply a beast. He played with that we're not going to be denied attitude that great athletes have. if you haven't seen the young man play, you have truly missed a treat.

 

I seem to be giving all the love to Dontaie but every player contributed and there are never any small contributions to a team sport. Go Cats!!

 

I am glad that other people recognize Dontaie for his demeanor. He is always the target of the opponent's aggression, and the most annoying defender, and I have seen him kicked, punched and shoved, most of the time out of the view of the officials, and I have never seen him react or retaliate. The kid is a gifted athlete with all the tools, including the mental part to stay above all the chippy stuff. When Pendleton keeps him involved, they can play with anyone in the 10th.

I have to ask if you were at the game because if you honestly believe that Pendleton can beat Paris if Paris played the whole game, even playing like crap, I would have to ask about your basketball IQ. Now if you were not at the game I can understand your comment.

 

9 of 21 from the line has nothing to do with one senior playing the entire first quarter. If you don't believe that, then I would have to ask about your basketball IQ. Last I checked that's leaving 12 points on the floor, and they lost by 2.

 

You got that math straight up...good job.

Kudos to Coach Brooks for honoring these boys this way. I would back him 100% as a parent, teacher and administrator for this. Absolutely nothing crazy about it if you have worked with kids at all.

 

One game, no real value for any advancement in the post season. I am sure they did not tank this on purpose and Pendleton County can beat anyone on a given night.

 

Again, kudos to Coach Brooks and Pendleton Co.

 

Agreed.

 

Someone said something about needing to see what the other team does against your starters. You had 3 quarters. That seems like enough to me.

 

Glad the seniors got some good run and not just a token start and then to the bench on the first dead ball.

 

Dude gets it.

9 of 21 from the line has nothing to do with one senior playing the entire first quarter. If you don't believe that, then I would have to ask about your basketball IQ. Last I checked that's leaving 12 points on the floor, and they lost by 2.

 

You got that math straight up...good job.

bird brain, that fits. I posted that they were 9-21 from the line to say that despite the horrible night from the line, Paris still should have monkey thumped Pendleton co. Those other 6 to 8 minutes of the game made a major difference even with the poor free throw shooting. People on here say that those kids deserved to play. Yes they did, but just because ur a senior doesn't mean you get to play if your playing like crap. They have a game tonight against Berea and those seniors could play the entire game tonight and win I am sure. Basketball IQ comes in when you talk about the mental part of this game. If Paris plays their normal players, Pendleton gets beat by double digits easy IMO on a horrible free throw shooting night. And they would second guess themselves if they come across Paris in the region. Should have put ur foot on their neck when u had the chance. The seniors would have understood I'm sure.

Competing is mental and physical. And if I have your card mentally, that physical aspect will just fall into place.

Paris still should have monkey thumped Pendleton co. If Paris plays their normal players, Pendleton gets beat by double digits easy .

 

I don't know if you have been paying attention to the rest of the 10th Region or are just stuck in the 40th. To say that Paris should have, in your words, "monkey thumped", Pendelton doesn't really stick.

 

If we took Mason, BBHS, Scott, Paris, Pendelton, Augusta, Bracken, and Montgomery County, put them all in a gym, and asked fans to bet their life savings on who would win a majority of the games....no one takes that bet.

 

I think there's a little more parity in the 10th than Paris is willing to admit...let's not have a coronation just yet....two of those schools mentioned above represent 30% of Paris' losses for the year

Life is about if's ....as a fan we say if this person does this we win ...if this person does that we win...so if you had to bet your savings on if clicking on all cylinders...who you got?

I don't know if you have been paying attention to the rest of the 10th Region or are just stuck in the 40th. To say that Paris should have, in your words, "monkey thumped", Pendelton doesn't really stick.

 

If we took Mason, BBHS, Scott, Paris, Pendelton, Augusta, Bracken, and Montgomery County, put them all in a gym, and asked fans to bet their life savings on who would win a majority of the games....no one takes that bet.

 

I think there's a little more parity in the 10th than Paris is willing to admit...let's not have a coronation just yet....two of those schools mentioned above represent 30% of Paris' losses for the year

I believe only one of those seniors(Wolff) hasn't been in a starting lineup at some point this year already. Seemed like there were a couple times Allen rebounded his own miss 3 times. 9-21 FT isn't going to cut it this time of year, but I'm sure that's the "infamous" Brooks' fault.
the only two of those five that get consistent minutes is Clark and Garrard. No, the 9-21 from the free throw line is not the infamous coaches fault. However, I don't care who you are playing, starting the game down 11 is hard to come back from, especially coming off the bench, going against a team that is feeling good, when they probably originally thought the game would be nothing like this. Why put your team in an uphill battle against a team you may have to face in the region in a win or go home environment. Why!!! Lol. ? I heard they already played like poop against Harrison co. The team needed this win. Tonight was not the night is all I am saying.

Game didn't matter one bit. It did not effect seeding. It gives them an L...that's it. Big deal, this is their best record in years. They have been fantastic this season. The only effect I can see is positive rather than negative. He honored the kids that gave years to that program. Kids that went to 100s of practices, ran 1000s of sprints, etc... If these kids were special needs kids we put the game on SportsCenter and he is a hero. But, since they are normal HS kids who fought for 4 years the coach gets blasted for letting them play 8 minutes? Wow. Tough crowd. Brooks has done more for that program than anyone lately. They were a joke before he got there. Kudos Coach!

the only two of those five that get consistent minutes is Clark and Garrard. No, the 9-21 from the free throw line is not the infamous coaches fault. However, I don't care who you are playing, starting the game down 11 is hard to come back from, especially coming off the bench, going against a team that is feeling good, when they probably originally thought the game would be nothing like this. Why put your team in an uphill battle against a team you may have to face in the region in a win or go home environment. Why!!! Lol. I heard they already played like poop against Harrison co. The team needed this win. Tonight was not the night is all I am saying.

 

A few thoughts come to mind:

 

1) Because a senior on a team that has come into it's "glory" this year, has been with that team and has done just as much to develop the starters as the coach.

 

2) Because the coach gets it and is loyal to a kid who was loyal to the program, even though he apparently didn't play much.

 

3) Maybe, just maybe, this coach wanted his team to understand that they are about to enter a "win or go home environment" and this game was EXACTLY the game to challenge them in.

 

4) Because this game, as it relates to an overall W/L record meant nothing, but as it relates to a tune up for tournament means everything.

 

As to your previous question about who I got in the 10th...whomever is left standing on the night of the finals. I believe I already stated the teams I think can win the whole thing on any given night, it includes Paris, but by no means are they a "front runner" in the 10th. They are as much a part of the conversation as any of the others.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.