Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 56 Paris 54

Featured Replies

Game didn't matter one bit. It did not effect seeding. It gives them an L...that's it. Big deal, this is their best record in years. They have been fantastic this season. The only effect I can see is positive rather than negative. He honored the kids that gave years to that program. Kids that went to 100s of practices, ran 1000s of sprints, etc... If these kids were special needs kids we put the game on SportsCenter and he is a hero. But, since they are normal HS kids who fought for 4 years the coach gets blasted for letting them play 8 minutes? Wow. Tough crowd. Brooks has done more for that program than anyone lately. They were a joke before he got there. Kudos Coach!

 

Were you reading over my shoulder ?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts come to mind:

 

1) Because a senior on a team that has come into it's "glory" this year, has been with that team and has done just as much to develop the starters as the coach.

 

2) Because the coach gets it and is loyal to a kid who was loyal to the program, even though he apparently didn't play much.

 

3) Maybe, just maybe, this coach wanted his team to understand that they are about to enter a "win or go home environment" and this game was EXACTLY the game to challenge them in.

 

4) Because this game, as it relates to an overall W/L record meant nothing, but as it relates to a tune up for tournament means everything.

 

As to your previous question about who I got in the 10th...whomever is left standing on the night of the finals. I believe I already stated the teams I think can win the whole thing on any given night, it includes Paris, but by no means are they a "front runner" in the 10th. They are as much a part of the conversation as any of the others.

To all of your reasons, if it's about the loyalty and appreciation of the kids, then why not play them all the time a little bit a game? What about all of those other kids on the bench that give the same effort, why not let them play? Whose to say they will be there next year to see the floor so give them a chance just like everyone else for their loyalty. We love our seniors but there is a time and place for everything. Of course they deserved to play, but why can't they play today? And as for your #4, it does mean everything. They are already coming off a horrible win against Harrison and don't seem to be in the flow of things, the way last night was orchestrated didn't not help the hounds' momentum at all. IMO I would want my team to feel confident going into the district, not questioning themselves so I would have done everything in my power to beat the team (Pendleton), that got beat by the team (bourbon co) that I play first game of district. #chessnotcheckers

To all of your reasons, if it's about the loyalty and appreciation of the kids, then why not play them all the time a little bit a game? What about all of those other kids on the bench that give the same effort, why not let them play? Whose to say they will be there next year to see the floor so give them a chance just like everyone else for their loyalty. We love our seniors but there is a time and place for everything. Of course they deserved to play, but why can't they play today? And as four your #4, it does mean everything. They are already coming off a horrible win against Harrison and don't seem to be in the flow of things, the way last night was orchestrated didn't not help the hounds' momentum at all. IMO I would want my team to feel confident going into the district, not questioning themselves so I would have done everything in my power to beat the team (Pendleton), that got beat by the team (bourbon co) that I play first game of district. #chessnotcheckers

 

It sounds like the only confidence questioning that is going on is by you and you're second guessing of a coach that is taking a 6 loss team into Districts next week.

 

Coaches coach, but I would venture this guess, this is not the first time you have doubted this coach with this team....

It sounds like the only confidence questioning that is going on is by you and you're second guessing of a coach that is taking a 6 loss team into Districts next week.

 

Coaches coach, but I would venture this guess, this is not the first time you have doubted this coach with this team....

It's not about doubting him, it's about everyone saying that this game didn't matter, and in all actuality it did. I like coach brooks personally, but I am also entitled to my opinion about the game of basketball and love to discuss my theories on the way I see fit to compete

It's not about doubting him, it's about everyone saying that this game didn't matter, and in all actuality it did. I like coach brooks personally, but I am also entitled to my opinion about the game of basketball and love to discuss my theories on the way I see fit to compete

 

No one said you weren't...neither am I. Just seems curious that you are placing so much emphasis on the importance of this game in particular and the doom and gloom that a close loss will obviously bring to Paris.

 

I sure hope the team can get themselves together after this emotional loss and not let it affect their play in post season..

 

Good luck to Paris moving on.

There is nothing wrong with giving seniors love but Paris is ranked #1 in region and aren't playing well at the most crucial point of season..we don't have the squad that can jus turn it on and off by any means...that's the point here. .we play Berea tonite perfect game for seniors to ball their hearts out..free throw shooting has been trending south last few games and yes we win if we shoot better from the line. This is the best opportunity Paris has had to win the region...we swept district but those squads are playing to their potential..Paris has a team that can make some noise but they have to be playing Hustlin Hound basketball and were not playing that way at this point in the season. Its on the staff to right the ship.

In a game that means nothing, what's wrong with giving the Seniors some love? They come to practice every day and work hard to make the "starters" better. If Paris was only 9-21 from the FT line, maybe that was the issue, not the fact that several other Seniors finally got a chance to play for their school.

Sounds like a fair amount of concern in Paris these days.....almost like some feel it might be slipping away......

I feel as though I must remind people that we are talking about high school kids here. Quit trying to relive your glory years in high school and let them have theirs.

I feel as though I must remind people that we are talking about high school kids here. Quit trying to relive your glory years in high school and let them have theirs.

 

What does being a high school kid have to do with anything? These are high school kids that are trying to prepare to play ball and get educated at the next level. This isn't the youth league. I have been there and done that, so it is very disappointing and frustrating when u see a team with so much talent, not being able to show case it to their full potential.

What does being a high school kid have to do with anything? These are high school kids that are trying to prepare to play ball and get educated at the next level. This isn't the youth league. I have been there and done that, so it is very disappointing and frustrating when u see a team with so much talent, not being able to show case it to their full potential.

 

We should of kept Coach Cody

We should of kept Coach Cody

Coach Cody could have coached THIS team to a 20 win season. Heck AreLinz you could have coached this team to a 20 win season. Let's talk about in the game adjustments, discipline of kids that a coach has had for three years and teaching basketball 101.

Way to be supportive of your team as they head into districts. This game meant nothing in the grand scheme of the sweet sixteen.

Way to be supportive of your team as they head into districts. This game meant nothing in the grand scheme of the sweet sixteen.

I'm very supportive of my team. I'm telling you that this team is so talented, anyone could coach them to 20 victories. Your obviously missing the point, it's not about the 20 wins, it's deeper than that lawildcat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.