Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goodell: NFL to extend Rooney Rule to women for executive positions

Featured Replies

On Thursday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that the league is going to expand efforts to get more women into executive positions around the league as well. Speaking at the NFL Women’s Summit, Goodell said that the league will extend the Rooney Rule requirements for interviews with executives to women.

 

“We have something called the Rooney Rule which requires us to make sure when we have an opening at the team level or the league level that we are going to interview a diverse slate of candidates,” Goodell said. “We are going to make a commitment and we’re going to formalize that we as a league are going to do that for women at all of our executive positions.”

 

Goodell: NFL to extend Rooney Rule to women for executive positions | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

Whatever happened to hiring based on merit.

Roger Goodell sucks. Just throwing that out there.

It's a mandate for diversity in interviewing. Didn't say anything about requiring diversity amongst new hires. You still get to hire the candidate you want.

 

I guess I just don't see the problem in adding a few interviews into the process.

So even though she's not a good candidate, you have to pull her in and go through the motions. (Just playin' the game)

  • Author
It's a mandate for diversity in interviewing. Didn't say anything about requiring diversity amongst new hires. You still get to hire the candidate you want.

 

I guess I just don't see the problem in adding a few interviews into the process.

 

Come on CWB, if no one hires any women you know there will be trouble.

 

They call it an interview mandate but we all know that is a play on words for a hiring mandate.

@Guru. Are you PC Bro? Huh? I agree, just bc you're a WASP doesn't mean there is an agenda.

Come on CWB, if no one hires any women you know there will be trouble.

 

They call it an interview mandate but we all know that is a play on words for a hiring mandate.

 

I'm currently worling for an employer who requires EEO interviewing, and my previous two employers did the same. Construction management, much like football management, is a very white/male dominated industry. Out of the three companies mentioned, I've worked with 7 construction estimators, and 31 project managers...only two were women. I've never heard anyone have a single problem with that either.

I'm currently worling for an employer who requires EEO interviewing, and my previous two employers did the same. Construction management, much like football management, is a very white/male dominated industry. Out of the three companies mentioned, I've worked with 7 construction estimators, and 31 project managers...only two were women. I've never heard anyone have a single problem with that either.

:thumb:

 

I get both sides of the argument, but the pendulum for me has begun to swing back to this line of thinking.

Come on CWB, if no one hires any women you know there will be trouble.

 

They call it an interview mandate but we all know that is a play on words for a hiring mandate.

 

If that is a case, then the NFL does a poor job mandate wise with hiring African Americans as executives and coaches, in a sport where the majority of players are African American. To me it is not about hiring a minority or female, but more about overcoming the good ole boy network.

  • Author
@Guru. Are you PC Bro? Huh? I agree, just bc you're a WASP doesn't mean there is an agenda.

 

Name calling?

  • Author
If that is a case, then the NFL does a poor job mandate wise with hiring African Americans as executives and coaches, in a sport where the majority of players are African American. To me it is not about hiring a minority or female, but more about overcoming the good ole boy network.

 

If owned an NFL team I would want the best people possible in my organization, the good ole boy network doesn't accomplish that and I sure as heck don't need any mandates telling me so.

@Guru. Are you PC Bro? Huh? I agree, just bc you're a WASP doesn't mean there is an agenda.

 

White Anglo-Saxon Protestants?

 

I had to look that up on urban dictionary to make sure.

Goodell must still be mad at Brady and Belichick. Maybe he should be checking air pressure in game balls for the game this weekend.

 

He's a moron.

  • Author

In general terms I believe women are a huge, untapped resource but when it comes to the NFL I think it has more to do with appearance, marketing, blowing smoke, etc.

 

I will keep watching.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.