Frankfort ending series with Franklin County??

First when the series started back in 2002 both teams coming off bad seasons. No one was trying to play FCHS because they had 0-10 record.

Secondly like I said back in the fall FCHS should drop both Frankfort and Western Hills and toughen up their schedule. This may be an issue when early playoff exits for the Flyers. Play someone in 5A or 4A that will prepare you.

The gates are not as good as the have been back when this thing started. So I wouldn't get to excited about tickets sales.

As far breaking the agreement - contracts are broken all the time. If Frankfort has broken the contract they should have to pay the fee? I am sure since the game is important the fee should be a nice one.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCHS had 17 kids year before the series was renewed. It was a good time to play.

Remember FCHS plays in a competitive district each year, one that has some soundly coached teams with talent. This prepares them for the play-offs fairly well. FHS historically (last ten years) plays in a very poor district Maybe this explains your play off exits?

Gates are the biggest each year that I see at both programs. Even though they may dwindle year to year or at times, still the best options for income, and concession money.

To each its own, and criticism of FCHS scheduling is welcome and I even agree with you. However, its a shame this game doesn't get played. FCHS may be stuck without a 10th game in 2016; cheating the kids out of a game they have earned.

I would @ least honor the contract for this year to avoid having to dish out $$$$, but that is just me. No way I would pay the buyout on a football contract unless it was extremely necessary for some unavoidable reason.

So they aren't playing this year? I assumed they just hadn't renewed for the 2017-18 cycle. Definitely not a fan of bailing mid-contract, if that is the case.

I have known the AD @ FCHS for many years, no way that there was not a contract under her watch. Contract has to be signed, copied & returned or it isn't a done deal.

I would badger the AD to get the contracts back if they were dragging their feet..... too much @ stake for the team that is hosting in the year that the other team is trying to drop (Franklin Co. hosts this year) At minimum, the team that is dropping should have to find a replacement team to play the game in their place & if thats not possible, then show me the $$$$$$$.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I have known the AD @ FCHS for many years, no way that there was not a contract under her watch. Contract has to be signed, copied & returned or it isn't a done deal.

I would badger the AD to get the contracts back if they were dragging their feet..... too much @ stake for the team that is hosting in the year that the other team is trying to drop (Franklin Co. hosts this year) At minimum, the team that is dropping should have to find a replacement team to play the game in their place & if thats not possible, then show me the $$$$$$$.

There was no contract.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Coach B, have you ever known the two schools not to do a home and home series? Contract or not, an agreement was broken. Man is only as good as his word.

Why I don't disagree with what your saying. Contract or not there is a way out of it. Contracts are broken all the time. From what I understand this has nothing to do with the game itself.