Trump skipping debate

Hellcats

What are your thoughts about her minute long question to Trump that started all of the animus between them?

I never really gave that specific incident much thought. I'm also not much of a Trump fan myself. I lot of what we see on news shows now is entertainment. Anchors want to make themselves and their networks look good in order to appeal to their base viewers. Guests on the show want to appear relevant by spouting opinions. Many times they are simply following a script from the networks. Politicians fight to have as much face time as possible. Very hard to watch when we hear the same things over and over. Lot of egos everywhere. Notice I was very general. My thoughts apply to all 3 all-news channels and anyone we might see on them. That's just how it is these days.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During all the debates there are questions teed up for certain candidates.

Trump didn't appreciate being treated different than the others.

Its his campaign, if he wins or loses , the wounded warriors still come out winners. Great cause that more Americans should get involved with.

Maybe they'll put an empty chair onstage.

Is Eastwood showing up to talk to it? That's entertainment.

Once again, Trump has 'you' people talking about him instead of the issues. As long as we make it about him instead of his stance on the issues and his plans for the future, he wins.

My guess is his absence could hurt the ratings substantially. People who wouldn't given a hoot one way or the other would have still tuned in to see the Trump and Kelly firework as well as his back and forth spats with the other candidates.

However, on the other hand, viewers may watch to see how much the other candidates pile on the absent and now voiceless (at least on the debate stage) Trump.

IMO, Trump skipping the debate has as much to do with Fox's news release about the situation as it does with the issue between Trump and Megyn. When Trump came out and said that he didn't feel like Megyn treated him the same as the other candidates in that first debate, Fox released a childish and unprofessional press release that was essentially mocking Trump.

So Trump in turn decides to hit them where it's really going to hurt, tv ratings. I'm not a huge Trump fan, but I don't like Fox news at all. The way they handled this was completely unprofessional and makes Trump's concerns about potentially not being treated fairly actually show a little merit. In the end, he will come out the winner in this one, as usual.

I read a poll earlier that indicated 85% of Fox viewers voted that they would not be watching the debate if Trump does not participate. Just after that I seen a tweet that claimed that Roger Ailes was trying to reach out to Trump's wife and daughter in an attempt to get Donald to attend the debate.

I read a poll earlier that indicated 85% of Fox viewers voted that they would not be watching the debate if Trump does not participate. Just after that I seen a tweet that claimed that Roger Ailes was trying to reach out to Trump's wife and daughter in an attempt to get Donald to attend the debate.

85% not watching would be a big loss for Fox. I just heard some people discussing this on CNN and most agreed it would be a big financial loss to Fox.

How does that work by the way? Do companies that sponsor programs like this pay according to the ratings???

85% not watching would be a big loss for Fox. I just heard some people discussing this on CNN and most agreed it would be a big financial loss to Fox.

How does that work by the way? Do companies that sponsor programs like this pay according to the ratings???

I really doubt they are actually down 85% for the debate, but that's what the poll said. I do think their ratings will be down considerably, which in case would be another win for Trump, imo.

I don't know the specifics on how it works but essentially yes, sponsors, advertisers etc pay more money when the ratings are high. The higher your ratings the more negotiating power you have with cable and sattelite companies when it's time for a new contract, as well. Basically no matter how you break it down, if Fox takes a hit in ratings, Trump not being there will effect them negatively. On the other hand, it likely will not hurt Trump at all.