Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trading Deadline: Winners/Losers

Featured Replies

Even though there can still be trades made through the waiver wire, who do you think so far are the winners and losers?

 

 

Winners:

1. Yankees- they got Abreu and Lidle

 

2. Reds-completely revamped their bullpen. Gave up a lot to get 2 from the Nationals but made some very good deals the last couple of days. These moves make them the front runner for the WC or to catch the Cards.

 

3. Rangers: they got Lee to bolster their lineup and Wells, shaky, but they did get a SP.

 

LOSERS:

1. Nationals: Because they did NOT trade Soriano or Hernandez. Soriano is gone at the end of the year and they could have gotten some prospects. Even if the prospects are marginal they still would have got something.

 

2. White Sox-they are hurting and didn't get any help.

 

3. Angels-stocked ML and should have got Soriano

 

4. Cardinals-although they didn't get anybody but Belliard. I still like the fact they didn't trade Reyes or Wainwright. Mulder will be coming off the DL.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. I'd put the Dodgers at #4 on the winners list...

I agree, I would have like to have seen Maddox in a Reds uni. I know, I know, we didn't have what they were looking for. I say we could have sent Larue and Marty (HSSB says he's gone at the end of the year, we could have gotten something!!!) and believe me, the Cubbies broadcast crew could use the help.:D :D

Marty isn't gone. The Bad Boy is...

I know, only repeating what was posted, c'mon GT, didn't you see the :D :D ?

 

You've been at this trading deadline thing too long today, haven't you? :p

I know, only repeating what was posted, c'mon GT, didn't you see the :D :D ?

 

You've been at this trading deadline thing too long today, haven't you? :p

It messed up my whole schedule today. :D I couldn't work on much of the show before 4:30 because I've tried that before and rewriting the script is a pain... :lol:

Where is the Bad Boy going?

hssb said in a thread the other day that he's being let go...

I would have to say the winners were the Yankees and the Reds. Possibly the Dodgers also - Maddux should do well in that ball park. The big loser imo would be the Nats, but then again look who the boss is. Did anyone expect anything other than "pretty boy" screwing up? :ylsuper: :lol:

hssb said in a thread the other day that he's being let go...

 

I think that's a shame. He's made tremendous improvements, and did a tremendous job during AS week while Marty was "suspended." Any reason why he would be let go?

Winners/Losers

 

At the top of the column:

 

Winner: Reds. In the past month, they've bolstered their bullpen with four and possibly five new relievers, depending on how Kyle Lohse does as a starter. Already on top of the wild-card race, look for the Reds to stay in contention the rest of the season. If balloting for executive of the year was today, GM Wayne Krivsky would be a runaway winner.

 

Loser: Jim Bowden. He can spin it any way he likes now, but when Alfonso Soriano signs with the Yankees this winter, Bowden's failure to trade him could cost him his job. Make that should cost him his job.

I know, only repeating what was posted, c'mon GT, didn't you see the :D :D ?

 

Just to be clear, I didn't post that Marty was going anywhere. Steve Stewart is the one "rounding 3rd and heading for home." I'm pretty sure Marty is safe. :thumb: :jump:

Just to be clear, I didn't post that Marty was going anywhere. Steve Stewart is the one "rounding 3rd and heading for home." I'm pretty sure Marty is safe. :thumb: :jump:

I apologize, you are correct. I went back and read the whole thread and I obviously was so distracted by the deadline trades that I didn't follow the line of posts that well. So, let me restate,,,we should have traded Larue, Steve Stewart, a box of JTM burgers, a monopoly game autographed by Chris Henry (of course minus the get out of jail free cards) and a case of big league chew to Chicago for Maddux. :thumb: :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.