Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What becomes of Josh Gordon?

Featured Replies

He is asking the NFL for reinstatement.

 

I think he will get reinstated, assuming he provides whatever documentation the NFL requires that he has followed a treatment plan and stayed clean.

 

So assuming he is reinstated (you may argue against this), the next question is whether Cleveland keeps him, trades him, or cuts him.

 

As a Cleveland fan, I want to see Gordon playing for the Browns next season. The Browns took a chance on drafting him in the supplemental draft in the first place. They have endured two (or is it more?) suspensions. They haven't got much on the return of their investment in him. He has been suspended for 27 of the team's last 32 games! He owes the Browns team and organization. If Gordon plays any where, it needs to be for Cleveland.

 

Unfortunately, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

 

Having said that, I hope Gordon makes it, if not for himself, at least for the Browns.

He is asking the NFL for reinstatement.

 

I think he will get reinstated, assuming he provides whatever documentation the NFL requires that he has followed a treatment plan and stayed clean.

 

So assuming he is reinstated (you may argue against this), the next question is whether Cleveland keeps him, trades him, or cuts him.

 

As a Cleveland fan, I want to see Gordon playing for the Browns next season. The Browns took a chance on drafting him in the supplemental draft in the first place. They have endured two (or is it more?) suspensions. They haven't got much on the return of their investment in him. He has been suspended for 27 of the team's last 32 games! He owes the Browns team and organization. If Gordon plays any where, it needs to be for Cleveland.

 

Unfortunately, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

 

Having said that, I hope Gordon makes it, if not for himself, at least for the Browns.

 

I feel your pain.

The Browns would be fools to cut or trade him.

Gotta think Hue is looking forward to having him in the fold. Now he needs someone who can throw it out there to him

  • Author

^ yep, Hue likes big receivers. Gordon is not only big, has great hands, but he can also fly. Watch Aqib Talib try to cover him in the Browns game against NE a couple of years ago. Gordon made a top DB look like a rookie, and not a very good one at that.

The NFL needs to adopt the NBA drug testing policy. AKA - let everyone get away with smoke weed. Who cares.

The NFL needs to adopt the NBA drug testing policy. AKA - let everyone get away with smoke weed. Who cares.

 

Ask Larry Sanders who cares.

I think the NFL should punish him by making him stay in Cleveland for the next 5 years.

I guess I can just look this up, but I'll ask here. What is his contract situation like and how does his suspension impact his contract, if at all? For instance, does his year off count as a year under his contract or does he actually have to be playing?

The Browns would be fools to cut or trade him.

 

 

Pretty much goes hand in hand.

  • Author
I guess I can just look this up, but I'll ask here. What is his contract situation like and how does his suspension impact his contract, if at all? For instance, does his year off count as a year under his contract or does he actually have to be playing?

 

The Browns suspended Gordon for the last game of the 2014 season. Here's what an article from the Cleveland PD web site on Dec. 27, 2014 said was the effect:

 

The suspension was the next step for Gordon, who's been late to other team functions this season and has been fined for it.

 

Missing the game leaves Gordon with only five games played this season, which does not account as an accrued year. It means that the Browns will have him under contract through 2016 -- unless Gordon's agent Drew Rosenhaus and the NFLPA fight the situation and win.

 

This is the status of his contract now. He still is under contract with the Browns for the 2016 season. He spent part of the last three seasons under suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He owes the Browns some playing time.

  • Author

and this from NFL.com, Feb. 3, 2015:

 

Due to the multiple suspensions, Gordon has been unable to accrue the time served to trigger free agency. If he does play football again, he will remain under the Browns' control through at least the 2017 season.

I know its a chicken/egg question but I'm not sure who to feel sorry for- the Browns for being stuck with Gordon (who they can waive if they so choose) or Gordon for being stuck with the Browns.

  • Author

Gordon has received millions of dollars from the Browns (though none during the 2015 season when he was suspended). They got one good season from him, and that was only part of a season because of a suspension. I'd say Gordon got the better end of the deal so far. With all of his BS, Gordon has been a rotten egg on the team so far.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.