Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How well will Pikeville fair this year?

Featured Replies

I was just wanting to get some thoughts from some people both around and in and outside of Pike county as to what you think this team, with it's second year at the helm of Coach J will do.

 

Was Coach J the Right choice for the Ville?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wanting to get some thoughts from some people both around and in and outside of Pike county as to what you think this team, with it's second year at the helm of Coach J will do.

 

Was Coach J the Right choice for the Ville?

 

Well, you can't really fault his first year can you?

  • Author

Of course not...I never said that. I was just wanting to know how the panther faithful like coach J and if they think he was the right choice...Given his work ethic this summer in preparation for the new upcoming season.

He's the perfect fit! (and so's Coach Copley!) :ylsuper:

He's the perfect fit! (and so's Coach Copley!) :ylsuper:

:thumb:

 

I'm very excited about the future of Pikeville football with Coach J and his staff leading the way.

  • Author

You think so eh? I don't know...we will definately have to wait and see what this season holds. How is workout regiment?

The coach = :ylsuper:

That offense = :madman:

 

:cool:

The man has had one season in Pikeville, give him a chance! In my opinion Pikeville couldn't have asked for a better coach for the situation, I would highly doubt that they could have found one as dedicated as Coach J is, Give him a couple years, things do not happen overnight!

You think so eh? I don't know...we will definately have to wait and see what this season holds. How is workout regiment?

I played from 2000-2004 under Coach MacNamee, and my brother plays now for Coach Jackson. Believe me, their workout routine is much more than we ever did. I believe Coach Copley is the one in charge of their workouts, lifting, conditioning, etc. And if you judge a team by their workout regiment, then Pikeville is light years ahead of where they were a few years ago. These kids have hit the weight room hard, and have worked their tails off in the offseason, and with the dedication and hard work this coaching staff has put in this should be a fantastic season. Coach Jackson and his staff have also set the stage to build a very successful program, and re-establish Pikeville as a serious state title contender.

As a Paintsville fan, I know Copley pretty well. I actually have known him since his playing days. He could be a perfect fit anywhere, he will get a head coaching job somewhere and I'm sure of that. As some of the Pikeville fans have said, Copley's workouts are rigorous but very benefical. Coach J seems to be a very good coach as well, he makes in the game adjustments that are very good. Kudos to both of these guys.

  • Author
The man has had one season in Pikeville, give him a chance! In my opinion Pikeville couldn't have asked for a better coach for the situation, I would highly doubt that they could have found one as dedicated as Coach J is, Give him a couple years, things do not happen overnight!

 

I never said that he couldn't do it...why are people getting defensive? I do not know the man or the way he runs things...that is why I created this thread.

 

BTW...Thanks Farva for the info on the Copley guy...I have heard that name before and I have only heard good things from him.

Just curious, YouKnow! how much do you know about football? Were you a contender or a pretender?:sssh:

. How is workout regiment?

Hey youknow!

Don't skip english class there on the hill.

 

regiment is a group of people...regimen is a systematic procedure.

Hey youknow!

Don't skip english class there on the hill.

 

regiment is a group of people...regimen is a systematic procedure.

 

Not to mention the fair/fare thingy.

I know Coach Jackson and Coach Copley very well on a personal level. I also have seen their work as coaches. You are not going to find two guys that work any harder at the game and love the game of football. Coach Jackson has had a lot of input with coaches around the state and has been important to the progression of football in this state. I actually coached Copley for a little bit and I am very proud of the way he has come into his own with his conditioning program. You can X+O all you want but if you haven't worked your tail off in the offseason then you will not go to that elite level in this state. I think it is only a matter of time before Pikeville is back to the mountain. On several occasions Coach Jackson and I tried to get things worked out where we could coach together. Unfortunatly things just never fell into place. There aren't many other coaches that I would rather coach beside of than these two guys!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.