Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How well will Pikeville fair this year?

Featured Replies

Having spoken with Coach J's former Defensive Coordinator at OCHS I think that he will be just fine in Pikeville after he has had enought ime to implement his system for more than a year or two. Coach J's conditioning program will be a considerable boon to the team and will really enhance the teams performance.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Hey youknow!

Don't skip english class there on the hill.

 

regiment is a group of people...regimen is a systematic procedure.

 

 

My bad...It is summer time...I like to give my brain a rest...I guess I need to go ahead and wake it up...

  • Author
Just curious, YouKnow! how much do you know about football? Were you a contender or a pretender?:sssh:

 

 

A little bit of both.

I do love the sport though!

And I do have room for Improvement when it comes to knoweledge about the game...As does every one else.

A little bit of both.

I do love the sport though!

And I do have room for Improvement when it comes to knoweledge about the game...As does every one else.

 

:thumb:

I know Coach Jackson and Coach Copley very well on a personal level. I also have seen their work as coaches. You are not going to find two guys that work any harder at the game and love the game of football. Coach Jackson has had a lot of input with coaches around the state and has been important to the progression of football in this state. I actually coached Copley for a little bit and I am very proud of the way he has come into his own with his conditioning program. You can X+O all you want but if you haven't worked your tail off in the offseason then you will not go to that elite level in this state. I think it is only a matter of time before Pikeville is back to the mountain. On several occasions Coach Jackson and I tried to get things worked out where we could coach together. Unfortunatly things just never fell into place. There aren't many other coaches that I would rather coach beside of than these two guys!

 

Great post!!

A little bit of both.

I do love the sport though!

And I do have room for Improvement when it comes to knoweledge about the game...As does every one else.

 

 

:thumb:

Coach J and the rest of this staff have IMO brought this program into the 21st century. So many programs in football(college,pro,high school,ETC.) that have had success in the past kind of get stuck in a rut trying to do what they know that has worked in the past but it gets to a point where it isnt working anymore for whatever the reason. McNamee was a Hillard Howard disciple and wanted to run the same type of power running offense, the only problem was that for whatever reason the big horses you need up front to run that offense were no longer there and it showed when we played Beechwood and Belfry and any other school that was worth a lick. Fans this year wont see as much of the trickery as last year, but the offense will be like that similar to what WVU and Texas ran last year. As far as the off season workouts go I need to look no further than my brother who has put on 40 pounds of muscle since Christmas. Coach J and his staff have made a believer out of me. I do believe it wont be long before were in Louisville on the first weekend in December again.

  • Author
Coach J and the rest of this staff have IMO brought this program into the 21st century. So many programs in football(college,pro,high school,ETC.) that have had success in the past kind of get stuck in a rut trying to do what they know that has worked in the past but it gets to a point where it isnt working anymore for whatever the reason. McNamee was a Hillard Howard disciple and wanted to run the same type of power running offense, the only problem was that for whatever reason the big horses you need up front to run that offense were no longer there and it showed when we played Beechwood and Belfry and any other school that was worth a lick. Fans this year wont see as much of the trickery as last year, but the offense will be like that similar to what WVU and Texas ran last year. As far as the off season workouts go I need to look no further than my brother who has put on 40 pounds of muscle since Christmas. Coach J and his staff have made a believer out of me. I do believe it wont be long before were in Louisville on the first weekend in December again.

 

 

Nice

  • Author

How did camp go???does anybody know????

The trickory they ran I didnt like so much but I understood why he did it. The lines were lacking strength wise and if you cant outmuscle them then you got to fool them somehow. But with a disciplined team that dont work. Pikeville could have been a major contender in 1a last year if they had some strength on the line. It costed them the two games I watched them (NCC and Belfry) I heard they have bulked though and that is a good thing I hope they win a state championship and only have one loss and thats to Belfry. However I dont know their schedule but I do see a loss to HC and Belfry but they win the region and face NCC. Good luck over in Pikeville guys.

  • Author

I see. Were you able to see them in action at camp. I heard that they took a beating from Breathitt County. Is this true???

I was wondering if anyone saw the scrimmages between Breathitt, LCA and Pikeville. I have been looking on here and have not found anything. I think they played Friday night at LCA. Anyone?

As far as the Breathitt/Pikeville scrimmage, I heard that Breathitt scored 4Tds to Pikeville's 0. I wasn't there and don't know anything for sure, but that is what I heard.

  • Author

Can anyone confirm this?

I heard Pikeville went to this scrimmage straight from camp and was pretty banged up. I heard most of the linemen and several others didn't participate... Wasn't there, so this is second and third-hand info...

I'll see how they look in the scrimmages at Pikeville at the end of the week...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.