January 8, 201610 yr SMU taking on UC tonight and in a struggle in the first half. Not eligible for NCAA tourney. What happens if they go undefeated this year? Would anyone give it a thought in regards to say a 3 or 4 loss NCAA champ?
January 8, 201610 yr Author They have no shot of going unbeaten. I would have thought it ended tonight when they were down 7 with 3 minutes left but what a finish! 14-0 now.
January 8, 201610 yr I would have thought it ended tonight when they were down 7 with 3 minutes left but what a finish! 14-0 now. Pathetic ending by UC.
January 8, 201610 yr Author Question: SMU player that was ejected (he really did not do anything but got ejected for walking on to the court when in the sub area and two players were going at it under the basket and the whistle had blown) but pretty sure he was in dress clothes and on the bench in the second half. If you get ejected are you allowed to be on the bench out of uniform?
January 8, 201610 yr I guess the equivalent would be the 1953 (?) Kentucky team that went 25-0 but declined the tournament bid because graduate students were ineligible for postseason play at the time.
January 8, 201610 yr I guess the equivalent would be the 1953 (?) Kentucky team that went 25-0 but declined the tournament bid because graduate students were ineligible for postseason play at the time. 1954. The difference would be that UK team beat the NCAA Champ handily in the regular season and set a then margin of victory average per game.
January 8, 201610 yr Then they'll be the first 31-0 team to watch the NCAA Tournament on television. Not quite 31-0, but in 1973, NC State went 27-0 but was ineligible for the postseason. They ended up winning it all the next year.
January 8, 201610 yr The shame of it is, they have played and will play a very subpar schedule. Stanford and Michigan were there only quality non-conf opponents (I'm not buying Colorado for two seconds), and the Michigan game was at home. The Stanford win is impressive, to be sure. All of that said, while they won't go undefeated, even if they go 27-3 or 26-4 (I think they only have 30 games on the schedule this year), you're going to have to hear yahoos claiming that they would have been a Final 4 team, blah blah blah. I'm rooting against them with gusto every night.
January 8, 201610 yr The shame of it is, they have played and will play a very subpar schedule. Stanford and Michigan were there only quality non-conf opponents (I'm not buying Colorado for two seconds), and the Michigan game was at home. The Stanford win is impressive, to be sure. All of that said, while they won't go undefeated, even if they go 27-3 or 26-4 (I think they only have 30 games on the schedule this year), you're going to have to hear yahoos claiming that they would have been a Final 4 team, blah blah blah. I'm rooting against them with gusto every night. If they only beat UC by 2 at home after UC gives it a way, they have to play some bad teams the rest of the way to not lose.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.