Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Discussion of the 2015 All BluegrassPreps.com Football Team

Featured Replies

All that we ask is that you keep it positive. Additionally, be very careful, if a player wasn't nominated they weren't considered. Every year we have a few complaints about players (normally a relative of the player) that blasts the All BGP Team because someone wasn't named to it only the member/person complaining didn't nominate the player in question.

 

Finally, please keep in mind, this is an EXTREMELY difficult task.

 

Congrats to all the awesome young men that made the 2015 All BGP Team!

  • Replies 59
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As always, nice team.

I'm going to get on the complaint bandwagon. This is a great team that i'd take over the others that have been released. However, I'd like to point out that linemen are athletes too. Not everyone in the athlete category has to be a little guy with stats. I know there is enough research going into this particular team that you know who the war daddies up front are too.

I'm going to get on the complaint bandwagon. This is a great team that i'd take over the others that have been released. However, I'd like to point out that linemen are athletes too. Not everyone in the athlete category has to be a little guy with stats. I know there is enough research going into this particular team that you know who the war daddies up front are too.

To me the linemen are the hardest to pick. Once you get past the big 3 of Young, Willis, and Jackson it starts getting tough.

I'm going to get on the complaint bandwagon. This is a great team that i'd take over the others that have been released. However, I'd like to point out that linemen are athletes too. Not everyone in the athlete category has to be a little guy with stats. I know there is enough research going into this particular team that you know who the war daddies up front are too.

 

A player who would fit that bill would be Hernandez from Mayfield. I'm surprised he didn't make the cut over some who did.

Still do not understand the love for the kicker from Johnson Central. Perhaps someone could clue me in.

I will take Bo Hebel from Highlands over several of those lineman every day of the week.

Tucker Mueller DL from Simon Kenton is a glaring omission on this team. He is definitely better than 2 of the choices.

I'm going to get on the complaint bandwagon. This is a great team that i'd take over the others that have been released. However, I'd like to point out that linemen are athletes too. Not everyone in the athlete category has to be a little guy with stats. I know there is enough research going into this particular team that you know who the war daddies up front are too.

I promise there is no one on this site that agrees with you more about your observation that "linemen are athletes too". I agree completely.

 

Many don't understand what the "ATH" category on the All-Bluegrasspreps teams represents. The "ATH" category is a list of players that contributed in several different ways, be it: great offensive players who are also great defensive players, or an offensive or defensive player that was a great special teams player as well. Those that made the "ATH" part of the team did great things in several different facets of the game.

 

Back to your thought Iam4, the committee picked the top 12 players that contributed in multiple ways for their teams and their contribution was greater then any of the two way linemen. And, yes, there are some great two way linemen in the state.

Still do not understand the love for the kicker from Johnson Central. Perhaps someone could clue me in.

He holds two state records: longest FG and longest punt from scrimmage. He is a very accurate and strong kicker who put the majority of his kickoffs in the end zone which greatly benefited his teams ability to stop their opponents from scoring making them drive 80 yards on virtually every possession following a kick off. Plus, even though he made the team as a kicker not a punter, he was an asset to his team by being a strong punter who commonly pinned the opposition deep in their own territory further benefiting his teams ability to stop the opposing team from scoring by making them driver further after a punt.

 

He is a very good high school kicker/punter.

He holds two state records: longest FG and longest punt from scrimmage. He is a very accurate and strong kicker who put the majority of his kickoffs in the end zone which greatly benefited his teams ability to stop their opponents from scoring making them drive 80 yards on virtually every possession following a kick off. Plus, even though he made the team as a kicker not a punter, he was an asset to his team by being a strong punter who commonly pinned the opposition deep in their own territory further benefiting his teams ability to stop the opposing team by scoring by making them driver further after a punt.

 

He is a very good high school kicker/punter.

 

The question is not if he's a very good high school kicker.

 

The question, and a fair one, is if he is better than Jared Daugherty. How do they compare?

When the All BGP team thread is more concerned with K/P selections, I think that signifies a job well done!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.