Campbell County 32 Highlands 25

CKC

It was an ugly game. I wouldn't want to guess the shooting percentages. Barth is very much missed. Leigh misses 3 front ends in the bonus ball game. Sat on the camel side and was told how bad they played. Not the typical HHS girls game but that happens. Regroup and move forward.

Really odd game. Many odd things from both teams that aren't typical. Some missed shots and layups, but really is was about neither team being able to execute against th others defense. Camels were more physical than the Birds (that's where Barth was missed for the Birds). Birds also missing Clukey still as well. But that didn't really have anything to do with the loss. Birds had plenty of chances and didn't execute. CC finally got some timely threes to fall to take the lead for the first time in the middle of the fourth. Once they had even a small lead (in a game like this), it forced the Birds into more of a hurry up and fouling. CC did a nice job at the line and with the press (as expected) once the Birds got to where they had to press.

Neither team pressed the entire game (until they had to). Smart by both staffs. Both these teams have the ability to shred presses.

In the end, it's two teams with very good athletes that know each other very well. (A lot of friendships off the court) and neither wanted to give in. I think that caused both teams to step it up on defense and "press" a little on offense making for some missed shots that these two teams typically have no problem with. CC was much more physical with the Birds and the Birds seemed to stump the Camels with their zone and matchups.

Both these teams are gonna do just fine. Birds will get everyone back eventually and both will make a legit run at each region.

PS...love a lot of the Camels, but have to say I love seeing Holly Schawarber back on the basketball court! Shout out to Taylor Jolly too. Love watching the girls play!!!

Really odd game. Many odd things from both teams that aren't typical. Some missed shots and layups, but really is was about neither team being able to execute against th others defense. Camels were more physical than the Birds (that's where Barth was missed for the Birds). Birds also missing Clukey still as well. But that didn't really have anything to do with the loss. Birds had plenty of chances and didn't execute. CC finally got some timely threes to fall to take the lead for the first time in the middle of the fourth. Once they had even a small lead (in a game like this), it forced the Birds into more of a hurry up and fouling. CC did a nice job at the line and with the press (as expected) once the Birds got to where they had to press.

Neither team pressed the entire game (until they had to). Smart by both staffs. Both these teams have the ability to shred presses.

In the end, it's two teams with very good athletes that know each other very well. (A lot of friendships off the court) and neither wanted to give in. I think that caused both teams to step it up on defense and "press" a little on offense making for some missed shots that these two teams typically have no problem with. CC was much more physical with the Birds and the Birds seemed to stump the Camels with their zone and matchups.

Both these teams are gonna do just fine. Birds will get everyone back eventually and both will make a legit run at each region.

PS...love a lot of the Camels, but have to say I love seeing Holly Schawarber back on the basketball court! Shout out to Taylor Jolly too. Love watching the girls play!!!

Nice post from a Highlands fan about the Campbell County players. It is refreshing to see competitors and fans supporting and saying positive things about the opposition.

Had to look at this score twice. Nice win by the Camels. I only saw the Camels once last year against Holmes and was very impressed. As for Highlands, they will be fine. Have to feel for the seniors with no gym at this time and just to many injuries, they are well coached and once everyone gets back they will be a tuff out. Best of luck to both teams and to the Lady Birds, get healthy and stay healthy.