Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Buddy Biggs new Ashland Coach

Featured Replies

:ylsuper: I think Coach Biggs is going be happy with last years Freshman group that went 21 and 2 and will now be playing for him. People can say what they want , " Thats a good group coming up and Mr Biggs will be very happy".

  • Replies 75
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ylsuper: I think Coach Biggs is going be happy with last years Freshman group that went 21 and 2 and will now be playing for him. People can say what they want , " Thats a good group coming up and Mr Biggs will be very happy".

Rose Hill and Fairview have strong classes there too along with Elliott.

How old is Coach Biggs?

36 years old

Real nice guy, i got the chance to meet him today, hopefully he can do something for our basketball team!

To where in the 9th? What open job would have been a move up, or given him a chance to improve his standing? I think it was obvious he would leave PC after the '05-06 class graduated, as his stock was certainly as high as it was going to get at Pendleton. I've heard repeatedly he was most interested in a move to Central KY (Lexington in particular), as his wife has family there; and had applied for the Henry Clay job, among others. I'd think Ashland's talent pool may be deeper than PC's in the long run, and will give him a better chance to improve his resume. I hope the Tomcat faithful allow him the time to "do his thing".

 

Count me as one "Up-North" 10th region fan who hates to see him leave, despite his recent success against the region. He was fun to compete against, and might have been even more fun this year had he stayed at PC!! :D

 

I would have liked to have seen what he might have been able to do with the Ryle program. Great coach. Wish him the best at Ashland..

Real nice guy, i got the chance to meet him today, hopefully he can do something for our basketball team!

 

If he doesn't do something with your basketball team it will be because of lack of talent not his coaching. Maybe I should not say lack of talent. I should say the will for the Ashland players to buy into his system. He will make Ashland a very good coach, and I wish him the best of luck.

Real nice guy, i got the chance to meet him today, hopefully he can do something for our basketball team!

He's a definite class act.

Will the big Pendleton County crowds leave with Coach Biggs and the talent of the last few years???

This is a great time to be talking Ashland hoops after Friday night.;) :sssh:

Buddy Biggs leaves Pendleton County with many accolades:

 

2001-2002: Runner-Up McDonald's Holiday Classic in Bath County.

 

2002-2003: Biggs leads the young Wildcats to their first regional tournament since 1997.

 

2003-2004: Biggs leads PC to a 20-11 record and first 38th district title since 1996. It was the Wildcats first twenty win season since 1984. Runner-Up in AIT.

 

2004-2005: 29-5 record(2nd most wins in school history). Kentucky AP Coach of the year. Runner-Up in 5/3 Classic Holiday Christmas tournament. Wins second straight 38th district title. Wins 10th region championship, the first for PC in 34 years(1971). Competes in prestigious Sweet 16. Assistant coach for Ky in Kentucky/Ohio All-Star game.

 

2005-2006: 28-4 record. Louisville Courier-Journal Coach of the year. 3rd place in Laurel County's Hoopin' IT Up Classic. Won first-ever MCIT. 38th district 3-peat. Reached semi-finals of the 10th region tourney for 3rd straight year. Had a 19 game win streak.

 

Buddy Biggs leaves with the 3rd most wins all-time at PCHS. He only needed three more to become 2nd all-time. His five year record was 102-51, a winning percentage of .667.

 

While in Falmouth, Biggs won one MCIT, three 38th district titles, one 10th region title and was runner-up in five other KY high school tournaments.

 

He will not be forgotten......

 

No he sure wont be/...

Good luck to Coach Biggs in Ashland! But from what I heard there is a scrimage between Ashland and Pendleton County... is it true?

Good luck to Coach Biggs in Ashland! But from what I heard there is a scrimage between Ashland and Pendleton County... is it true?

Yes, the battle of the 'Cats will take place on November 25th in Ashland.

Yes, the battle of the 'Cats will take place on November 25th in Ashland.

 

Cool! Thanks for the heads up, I didnt even know about this!

From what I have heard, Coach Biggs has had the team working very hard in the gym, and the weight room. I think it is safe to say that Ashland will be one of the best conditioned teams in the region.

From what I have heard, Coach Biggs has had the team working very hard in the gym, and the weight room. I think it is safe to say that Ashland will be one of the best conditioned teams in the region.

Every Buddy Biggs team has been well conditioned.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.