Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 43 Notre Dame 41

Featured Replies

Campbell comes out firing on all cylinders with a 14-2 lead to start the first quarter then struggles the rest of the way. Kramer with the game winning shot with 2 seconds left in the game. Deja vu of last years matchup between these two teams.

  • Author

Was impressed by NDA. Teams better not sleep on them this season.

Technicals happen.

 

Good coaches don't let them happen late in the game when it can impact the outcome. If it happens more than once then questions have to be asked. Conversations need to be had.

Ok..I'll bite. What happened that resulted in a T and what was the impact?

Ok..I'll bite. What happened that resulted in a T and what was the impact?

 

From the update thread , late T on NDA's coach after cursing at an official over a missed call. I'm going to assume CC hit 1 or both of their FTs.

 

Another game thread from a recent game reported that the same coach had another T late in a very close game.

 

In addition, he got THREE Ts (very hard to do) in a game in Louisville last year which resulted in him missing some games.

 

Young coach. Needs someone in his ear talking to him about proper behavior and how to handle bad calls.

From what I gather Clyde, are you an official? If so, if a coach in the heat of the moment says to you (word by word) " that call was crap!" Would that be grounds for you to T him up? Not trying to start anything at all, just asking. Because I know for a fact those were the words out of his mouth on Saturday. I also know from my 16 yrs of coaching some officials have a chip on their shoulders sometimes due to past history with a particular coach, or for whatever reason, and seem to be waiting for that coach to say 1 thing.

ND is gritty and well coached. CC seems to be struggling a little. Just shooting woes that will get better? Teams just learning how to play them better and have game planned for them? Thoughts?

The CC offense is very tough to defend at first because Clos and Jolly are always moving. All 5 are utilized in the offense. You have to worry about multiple screens and them pulling up, or back dooring from the wing. They want to get you worried about help d and as soon as your turn your head, they are cutting. If you play gap to much they will shoot the 3. It only works because to their credit they have multiple players who can shoot the 3, shoot off the dribble or attack the rim AND their coach utilizes their skill sets in this way very well. Then they like to get in transition. If your guards are athletic and quick they can find the right distance to give the person being guarded and how to get under screens. NDA was able to do this after the 14-2 start and really made CC work for most of what they got. Best of luck to CC and TC #4 and MS #5 keep playing hard. #oldtimeteamates

From what I gather Clyde, are you an official? If so, if a coach in the heat of the moment says to you (word by word) " that call was crap!" Would that be grounds for you to T him up? Not trying to start anything at all, just asking. Because I know for a fact those were the words out of his mouth on Saturday. I also know from my 16 yrs of coaching some officials have a chip on their shoulders sometimes due to past history with a particular coach, or for whatever reason, and seem to be waiting for that coach to say 1 thing.

 

You know Dixie some truth to that and its sad the officials especially after a blown call(s) that directly impact the outcome is the same official to call the T. That official is pompous, heck look at the size medium shirt he wears. sorry had to throw that in. And yes both blown calls were blown calls. But yesterday I put a bagel in the toaster and it burnt my bagel in about the 1/2 of the time I normally have a bagel in the toaster. True story. So I got a new bagel out and guess what? It did the exact same thing. Although the toaster may be the problem, its up to me to change the settings or get a new toaster. I can blame to toaster over and over but at the end how I react to it is what makes the difference.

ND is gritty and well coached. CC seems to be struggling a little. Just shooting woes that will get better? Teams just learning how to play them better and have game planned for them? Thoughts?

 

I am not sure how we can call that well coached? What is well coached about a head coach taking a very hard fought game away from his team. He never shuts up on the sideline to his own players and the referees. I have a 6th grader who enjoys watching several teams play, I would be very hesitant to put her there for basketball. First thing she says in the car is if I was that player(s) I would be so upset.

From what I gather Clyde, are you an official? If so, if a coach in the heat of the moment says to you (word by word) " that call was crap!" Would that be grounds for you to T him up? Not trying to start anything at all, just asking. Because I know for a fact those were the words out of his mouth on Saturday. I also know from my 16 yrs of coaching some officials have a chip on their shoulders sometimes due to past history with a particular coach, or for whatever reason, and seem to be waiting for that coach to say 1 thing.

 

It can't be answered that simply.

 

Sometimes it's the words used. Sometimes it's the volume. Sometimes it's the theatrics. Sometimes it's b/c he has been warned previously.

 

Officials are human which means they are unique. Each has their own standard for what deserves a T. Some are very strict. Some are very lenient. Add in a coach who has quickly developed a reputation for being a problem and you can often end up with Ts that might go unpunished elsewhere.

 

The coach needs to adapt.

CC offensive relies on the 3 to open up the passing lanes and back door cuts. NDA did a fantastic job of playing pack line defense inside out and dared CC to shoot the 3. Because of CC success last year defenses are going to game plan around TC,TJ so the open looks they saw last year are not so wide open this year. They don't look the same in the eyes either, shooting less than 20% will shake your confidence and for a shooter confidence is a big deal. Hard fought game Jenna Martin can flat out play no lack of confidence with her give her some space and she is knocking down that 3.

Clyde -? When the NDA coach got the T last night CC was on a wide open break away for a layup. Should the official have let the CC player score then hit the coach with a T. Losing the breakaway actually cost CC potentially 2 points in this exchange. layup, T, ball vs t,ball

You know Dixie some truth to that and its sad the officials especially after a blown call(s) that directly impact the outcome is the same official to call the T. That official is pompous, heck look at the size medium shirt he wears. sorry had to throw that in. And yes both blown calls were blown calls. But yesterday I put a bagel in the toaster and it burnt my bagel in about the 1/2 of the time I normally have a bagel in the toaster. True story. So I got a new bagel out and guess what? It did the exact same thing. Although the toaster may be the problem, its up to me to change the settings or get a new toaster. I can blame to toaster over and over but at the end how I react to it is what makes the difference.

 

This needs to be a poster! Congrats on the best thing I've ever read on BGP:banana:

It can't be answered that simply.

 

Sometimes it's the words used. Sometimes it's the volume. Sometimes it's the theatrics. Sometimes it's b/c he has been warned previously.

 

Officials are human which means they are unique. Each has their own standard for what deserves a T. Some are very strict. Some are very lenient. Add in a coach who has quickly developed a reputation for being a problem and you can often end up with Ts that might go unpunished elsewhere.

 

The coach needs to adapt.

The coach needs to grow up, I don't know how old he is but the game is about the players not him. He may very well be a good coach, he just needs to stop getting T'd at critical times.

Edited by Sportsaholic Mamaw
correct sp.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.