Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Would Your Final 4A Top 10 Go?

Featured Replies

Now that playoffs are complete and it played out on the field, how would you put together your Final Top 10?

1. South Warren

2. Johnson Central

3. Shelby County

4. Scott

5. Ashland

6. John Hardin

7. Wayne County

8. Spencer County

9. Franklin-Simpson

10. Hopkinsville

1. South Warren

2. Shelby County

3. Johnson Cent.

4. John Hardin

5. Scott

6. Spencer Co.

7. Wayne Co.

8. Franklin Simpson

9. Ashland

10. Hopkinsville

Do any 4A team primarily pass the ball besides Hopkinsville?

Do any 4A team primarily pass the ball besides Hopkinsville?

 

Collins wants to pass more than they run, but I think they ended up with more rushing yards than passing this season. Franklin County passes the ball a lot.

I think SW will open up the passing game next year .Lost some good receivers in Cummings and mcelwain also japp but Hayes will be special next year and hayes will turn some d-1schools heads tremendous hands fo a kid that size also Byrd another Hayes along with several more younger players plus Litten showed when called upon he can deliver .

If 4A teams can't at least threaten to pass the ball and keep South's defense honest, I don't see them losing.

 

I haven't seen their schedule yet, but if it stays the same the only 2 4A teams that "might" fit that category are Franklin-Simpson if they use some of the spread that FSFan was speaking about and if they don't then they won't beat South. The other is Hopkinsville. I know many on here don't think much of them, but at least they pass the ball and although I don't think they would have beaten South in the playoffs this year, I do think it would have been a competitive game and they might have scored twice.

As blue said, Collins will open it up on you with the spread. They will go 50/50 and take a shot down the field each series they have the ball.

As blue said, Collins will open it up on you with the spread. They will go 50/50 and take a shot down the field each series they have the ball.

Tommy, are they in Shelby County's District? Do you think Collins will have a good squad next year?

If 4A teams can't at least threaten to pass the ball and keep South's defense honest, I don't see them losing.

 

I haven't seen their schedule yet, but if it stays the same the only 2 4A teams that "might" fit that category are Franklin-Simpson if they use some of the spread that FSFan was speaking about and if they don't then they won't beat South. The other is Hopkinsville. I know many on here don't think much of them, but at least they pass the ball and although I don't think they would have beaten South in the playoffs this year, I do think it would have been a competitive game and they might have scored twice.

Why does everybody think you can pass again South warren we had the best pass defense in 4am this year also.do you not think Coach Smith can get Coach defense against the pass?

If 4A teams can't at least threaten to pass the ball and keep South's defense honest, I don't see them losing.

 

I haven't seen their schedule yet, but if it stays the same the only 2 4A teams that "might" fit that category are Franklin-Simpson if they use some of the spread that FSFan was speaking about and if they don't then they won't beat South. The other is Hopkinsville. I know many on here don't think much of them, but at least they pass the ball and although I don't think they would have beaten South in the playoffs this year, I do think it would have been a competitive game and they might have scored twice.

 

If they couldn't move the ball on Warren Central, what hope did they have of doing so against South Warren? Now, next year, perhaps. They'll have another year under their belt, and they are going in the right direction. But this year, no, it would not have been competitive.

Why does everybody think you can pass again South warren we had the best pass defense in 4am this year also.do you not think Coach Smith can get Coach defense against the pass?

 

I think it's more of a matter of making South Warren have to defend both. Obviously they are good at defending both, but their run defense was so impressive against Shelby County and Johnson Central (among others) because they could focus entirely on the run.

1. South Warren

2. Scott

3. Johnson Central

4. Ashland

5. Shelby Co

6. John Hardin

7. Hopkinsville

8. Spencer Co

9. Wayne Co

10. Franklin Simpson

Why does everybody think you can pass again South warren we had the best pass defense in 4am this year also.do you not think Coach Smith can get Coach defense against the pass?
I never said you can pass on South. But every team South played in the playoffs and virtually all year were not passing teams at all. So if South keeps facing rushing teams, won't the outcome be much the same?
If they couldn't move the ball on Warren Central, what hope did they have of doing so against South Warren? Now, next year, perhaps. They'll have another year under their belt, and they are going in the right direction. But this year, no, it would not have been competitive.
I'm just saying South very likely wouldn't have kept 9 in the box against Hopkinsville like they did against virtually every team they played. Competitive may have been a poor choice of words, I was really going for scoring twice on their starting defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.