Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Browns prepared to make Urban Meyer Highest Paid Coach

Featured Replies

Would be crazy to see but you never know. Meyer is a little underpaid currently. His contract should equal Saban's or exceed it.

 

This wouldn't be as much about $ as it would be about ego. I don't get it. No one looks at Saban as a lesser coach because his success is in college. JoePa or Bowden or Bear either. Many will remember Carolls time at USC just as much as his time in Seattle.

 

Outside of Bellicheck, the NFL has become a players league.

Highest paid NFL coach makes about $1m more than Meyer. OSU can come up with a LOT more if they need to. I guess it would depend on the definition of "small equity ownership" to determine if that is worth going from godlike status to coach of a lousy NFL team. How old is Meyer?

OK then..........(as the carousel turns).... if this happens who is in line to the new coach at OSU?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Why would anybody in there right mind leave Columbus to go to the Browns. I would be worried if it was just about any other team, not the Browns. Urban isn't turning over rocks looking for money and why leave Columbus where he is adored everywhere he goes to the Browns and have to deal with that mess. You can't win there. It doesn't matter who the coach is. I place the odds of this at 1 in a thousand.

 

Worked out well for their franchises' namesake.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Why would anybody in there right mind leave Columbus to go to the Browns. I would be worried if it was just about any other team, not the Browns. Urban isn't turning over rocks looking for money and why leave Columbus where he is adored everywhere he goes to the Browns and have to deal with that mess. You can't win there. It doesn't matter who the coach is. I place the odds of this at 1 in a thousand.

 

Worked out well for their franchises' namesake.

 

That's what I was going to say...

 

... but I don't think there is an ounce of credibility in this story.

 

 

And we all know how reliable a coach's denial that he's considering another job is.

 

I'll bet the other pertinent factor is that he hasn't been offered the job.

 

That's my opinion. For a little bit different take, here's what Tony Grossi, ESPNCleveland's chief Browns reporter, had to say:

 

My information is that Haslam and Meyer have a personal relationship, dating to Meyer’s time as coach at Florida and Haslam as the chief benefactor at Tennessee. According to my source, Meyer was never a consideration for Browns coach because Meyer didn’t want it. Haslam sought Meyer’s opinion on coaching candidates from the college ranks and respected Meyer’s input. Now, if Meyer changed his mind and desired to enter the NFL pressure-cooker, I would think Haslam would put him on top of his A list. Meyer would need an experienced NFL personnel man to navigate league waters and educate Meyer on the inner workings of the NFL. I’ve always said if Haslam turned to the college ranks, Meyer should be the No. 1 candidate. But I don’t see it happening.

$$$$$$ and ownership stake in an NFL team...plus Ego

 

Yeah, and Rick Pitino is a great example on that type of scenario. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.