November 23, 201510 yr Arkansas Pine Bluff is a bad team (lost to Michigan St by 46 a few days ago), but Cincinnati's offense continues to put up a lot of points. Only scored 80 points TWO times last season. Have scored 80 or more in every game this season, including the two exhibitions. (6) Next weekend's games in Brooklyn should give us a better idea how good UC is, but they have definitely been a fun team to watch so far. Five players averaging double figure scoring. Eight averaging 8 or more ppg, and not one is leader Troy Caupain.
November 23, 201510 yr Who do they play in Brooklyn next week? Is it at Barclay's? Open with Nebraska and then either George Washington or Tennessee. Yes it is at Barclay's this Friday and Saturday...
November 23, 201510 yr Open with Nebraska and then either George Washington or Tennessee. Yes it is at Barclay's this Friday and Saturday... Nice. Should be a good opportunity for the bearcats to shine.
November 23, 201510 yr I like that they are destroying teams they should destroy...not messing around and beating teams by 8 when they should win by 40...
November 23, 201510 yr 3 blowouts and Zach Tobler has only gotten a total of 5 minutes in 2 games? Had a career high 5 points today and played just under 4 minutes. He's a walk-on getting run for a major program. Pipe down...
November 23, 201510 yr Open with Nebraska and then either George Washington or Tennessee. Yes it is at Barclay's this Friday and Saturday... To be fair, and not to get your panties into a bunch, but I know you realize that none of those three are likely to end the year in the Top 50 (which is important), and really only GW has a good chance (UT a slight chance) of even being in the Top 100. UC should roll through Barclay's, and while it will help their 254th ranked schedule, it won't be until Butler next week when we'll really get our first glimpse of UC up against some similar competition. All of that said, I think UC is really good, and will likely have a very, very good season. I'm just saying the November oatmeal isn't really giving us an opportunity to be sure of that.
November 23, 201510 yr I haven't really watched them much but I'm impressed with the amount they are scoring.
November 23, 201510 yr To be fair, and not to get your panties into a bunch, but I know you realize that none of those three are likely to end the year in the Top 50 (which is important), and really only GW has a good chance (UT a slight chance) of even being in the Top 100. UC should roll through Barclay's, and while it will help their 254th ranked schedule, it won't be until Butler next week when we'll really get our first glimpse of UC up against some similar competition. All of that said, I think UC is really good, and will likely have a very, very good season. I'm just saying the November oatmeal isn't really giving us an opportunity to be sure of that. I'm well aware of that. December is pretty brutal with Butler, at X, at VCU and Iowa State. Barclay's is a nice tune up to get ready for a significant jump in competition...
November 23, 201510 yr December is pretty brutal with Butler, at X, at VCU and Iowa State. :thumb::thumb:
November 23, 201510 yr Had a career high 5 points today and played just under 4 minutes. He's a walk-on getting run for a major program. Pipe down... Only 10 players getting minutes including Tobler. He knows his role on the team and I'm sure he is good with it. It does look as if no starter is getting more than 23 minutes per game so probably should have looked at that number as well. I would think that they would just find a few more minutes of cigar time for the walk on since their schedule has been easier than picking up a co-ed at Burgandy's! (threw that one in there for the old timers)
November 23, 201510 yr Where are the Bearcats projected to finish in the AAC? My opinion, they'd be the favorite, followed by SMU and then UConn. I think Tulsa would be my "could surprise and get into the Top 3" team.
November 23, 201510 yr My opinion, they'd be the favorite, followed by SMU and then UConn. I think Tulsa would be my "could surprise and get into the Top 3" team. Awesome, I knew UConn would be up there, wasn't sure what SMU had returning this year. Sould be a fun season for cinci fans and I imagine the Xavier game will be one if the best in a long time.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.