November 18, 201510 yr Author Conference play is going to be a bear for this team this season. Just don't have the horses just yet. Billups and Holland can definitely hold their own. I'd imagine somewhere in the 3-5 conference wins range.
November 18, 201510 yr All I know is Valpo is freaking loaded. NKU has a ways to go to get on their level.
November 18, 201510 yr I was going to ask about Tiffin being D2 as well. Did this count as a regular season game for either team? Its surprising that it seems to have counted as a win for NKU.
November 18, 201510 yr I was going to ask about Tiffin being D2 as well. Did this count as a regular season game for either team? Its surprising that it seems to have counted as a win for NKU. Regular season. Game counts but doesn't count in RPI if I understand correctly.
November 18, 201510 yr Author I was going to ask about Tiffin being D2 as well. Did this count as a regular season game for either team? Its surprising that it seems to have counted as a win for NKU. Why wouldn't it count?
November 18, 201510 yr Valpo hung on against a RI team that lost its leading scorer in their first game of the year. Milwaukee is 3-1 now with a loss to #18 ND. Green Bay lost the 6AM game in the Marathon Tip-off and their defense did not get the wake-up call. Valparaiso 58, Rhode Island 55 Cleveland State 62, Malone 46 Northern Kentucky 83, Tiffin 71 #18 Notre Dame 86, Milwaukee 78 ETSU 103, Green Bay 90 Western Illinois 84, UIC 57
November 18, 201510 yr Author Whoops....Just realized I got the score wrong. :lol2: Can a mod change the title to reflect the correct final score, 83-71?
November 18, 201510 yr Valpo hung on against a RI team that lost its leading scorer in their first game of the year. Milwaukee is 3-1 now with a loss to #18 ND. Green Bay lost the 6AM game in the Marathon Tip-off and their defense did not get the wake-up call. Valparaiso 58, Rhode Island 55 Cleveland State 62, Malone 46 Northern Kentucky 83, Tiffin 71 #18 Notre Dame 86, Milwaukee 78 ETSU 103, Green Bay 90 Western Illinois 84, UIC 57 Valpo is really good. It's not easy to win at Rhode Island and Valpo was without one of their best players as well (David Scarra). Valpo is Sweet 16 good.
November 18, 201510 yr What's Morehead like this year? @Wireman Morehead is really good. They'll compete for the OVC title. They let one slip away at Illinois State that they should have won Monday.
November 18, 201510 yr Is Tiffin A D2 team. Tiffin is a D2 currently in the GLIAC. Unless they make a big jump from last year they are not considered one of the better teams in the conference. Tiffin when they shoot the ball well from 3 can give teams a lot of trouble but they don't have a lot of depth and that hurts them in the grind of conference play.
November 18, 201510 yr Crowd was listed at 1,794. They need to get some wins to get some more butts in the seats.
November 18, 201510 yr Author Crowd was listed at 1,794. They need to get some wins to get some more butts in the seats. They actually had a decent sized student section last night which surprised me, as student support has been lacking the last couple seasons. Crowd was about what I expected. I think you'll see them draw some decent numbers for some of the better conference opponents.
November 18, 201510 yr Crowd was listed at 1,794. They need to get some wins to get some more butts in the seats. They'll probably never draw well when Kentucky has a game, especially one like last night. Love my alma mater, but I'd much rather watch Kentucky vs. Duke on TV.
November 18, 201510 yr Regular season. Game counts but doesn't count in RPI if I understand correctly. Correct, only D-1 games are considered as part of the RPI. Not that it matters for NKU, they aren't going to be fighting it out for an at-large selection this year. :bunny:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.