Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU 83 Tiffin 71

Featured Replies

Norse get their first win of the season in the home opener over Tiffin.

 

Jalen Billups led the way with 20 & 5, adding in 3 blocks. Cole Murray had 18, including 4 threes, and Lavone Holland came up just 1 assist shy of a triple-double with an 11 point, 12 rebound, 9 assist performance. Holland only turned it over once as well.

 

For the local guys, Jake Giesler had 1 point and a board in 2 minutes of action, while Drew McDonald tallied 9 points and 3 rebounds in 14 minutes.

 

Next up is Morehead State on Saturday evening.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holland is going to be really good.

 

It seemed as if John slowed it down and subbed a ton in the first half to save the guys for the 2nd. It worked.

 

They looked much better in the 2nd half and pulled away.

 

I thought Drew looked pretty good.

 

I know this team is not going to win a ton of games but you can tell they are going to compete.

  • Author
Holland is going to be really good.

 

It seemed as if John slowed it down and subbed a ton in the first half to save the guys for the 2nd. It worked.

 

They looked much better in the 2nd half and pulled away.

 

I thought Drew looked pretty good.

 

I know this team is not going to win a ton of games but you can tell they are going to compete.

 

Agreed. Love the energy and effort they play with.

Holland is going to be really good.

 

It seemed as if John slowed it down and subbed a ton in the first half to save the guys for the 2nd. It worked.

 

They looked much better in the 2nd half and pulled away.

 

I thought Drew looked pretty good.

 

I know this team is not going to win a ton of games but you can tell they are going to compete.

 

Drew was their offense in the first 10 minutes, scoring 6 points. Once #23 started getting more time at the 1 and then at the 2, NKU's offense looked better. He makes good decisions. Murray catching fire at the beginning of the second half helped a lot. Depth was key to this one. NKU played 11, rotated heavily, and Tiffin paid the price over the last 15 minutes.

 

I also want to say, Billips is a beast. Tiffin had no answer for him once he got to the block.

Drew was their offense in the first 10 minutes, scoring 6 points. Once #23 started getting more time at the 1 and then at the 2, NKU's offense looked better. He makes good decisions. Murray catching fire at the beginning of the second half helped a lot. Depth was key to this one. NKU played 11, rotated heavily, and Tiffin paid the price over the last 15 minutes.

 

I also want to say, Billips is a beast. Tiffin had no answer for him once he got to the block.

 

And the dunk driving the lane was sweet. My wife even stood up on that one haha.

It's going to be a really challenging year for the Norse.

 

Are their 9 more wins on the schedule?

It's going to be a really challenging year for the Norse.

 

Are their 9 more wins on the schedule?

 

Once he tightens his rotation, they may be ok. There were a couple of guys who got heavy minutes yesterday that were not the smartest players in the world. I can't see them playing that many minutes in conference games.

Once he tightens his rotation, they may be ok. There were a couple of guys who got heavy minutes yesterday that were not the smartest players in the world. I can't see them playing that many minutes in conference games.

 

When he tightens his rotation are there 9 more wins?

When he tightens his rotation are there 9 more wins?

 

Maybe. I don't see it though. I'm trying to be positive. They may get 3 more before the conference. I don't know if they get 6 wins in conference.

Maybe. I don't see it though. I'm trying to be positive. They may get 3 more before the conference. I don't know if they get 6 wins in conference.

 

My point in asking is for all to keep perspective. Jump in conference level is going to be difficult for a few years.

Is Tiffin A D2 team.

 

I think so.

I think so.

Thanks Clyde I was wondering cause they got beat over the weekend by Kentucky Wesleyan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.