Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 2015-16

Featured Replies

I had the opportunity to see the video of the scrimmage against Manual. First thing I noticed is that the substitution pattern was different that the regular season. Core players got more time than normal and started to make poor decisions from fatigue. Meier was in better shape than I expected considering how much time she spent on crutches. SK press breaking was pretty sloppy, but perhaps my expectations are too high for a first scrimmage. Too much dribbling and failure to execute transition after breaking the press. Manual was very athletic, but not great shooting the ball.

 

FT shooting was atrocious. I mention it because it was the one statistical category they did not dominate against Graves last year and it cost them dearly!

 

I would have liked to see more of SK's bench participate. I understand they played a jv scrimmage as well, so that may explain some things.

Edited by Pioneer.Pride

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region is really balanced. Will be an exciting tourney to watch. In my opinion they will not be as good as last year, lost a stud/heart of their team. They have some younger players that are nice players. They can definitely win the region as can 4/5 other teams. Outside shooting is supsect, defense is really good.

Anyone know what their JV record was last year? Who they lost too?

 

JV has been undefeated for 2 years.

I had the opportunity to see the video of the scrimmage against Manual. First thing I noticed is that the substitution pattern was different that the regular season. Core players got more time than normal and started to make poor decisions from fatigue. Meier was in better shape than I expected considering how much time she spent on crutches. SK press breaking was pretty sloppy, but perhaps my expectations are too high for a first scrimmage. Too much dribbling and failure to execute transition after breaking the press. Manual was very athletic, but not great shooting the ball.

 

I would have liked to see more of SK's bench participate. I understand they played a jv scrimmage as well, so that may explain some things.

 

As far as your observations, I am a little surprised with the bolded. It seems to me, and lining up with what you said above, that Coach Stowers usually plays pretty deep on his bench. Perhaps he wanted to see extended time with the core in order to still make some decisions. I have no idea...I am only guessing.

As far as your observations, I am a little surprised with the bolded. It seems to me, and lining up with what you said above, that Coach Stowers usually plays pretty deep on his bench. Perhaps he wanted to see extended time with the core in order to still make some decisions. I have no idea...I am only guessing.

 

I don't how much the jv played in their scrimmage. SK had their freshmen there also, so the jv/varsity kids should not have been overplayed in the jv scrimmage.

I had the opportunity to see the video of the scrimmage against Manual. First thing I noticed is that the substitution pattern was different that the regular season. Core players got more time than normal and started to make poor decisions from fatigue. Meier was in better shape than I expected considering how much time she spent on crutches. SK press breaking was pretty sloppy, but perhaps my expectations are too high for a first scrimmage. Too much dribbling and failure to execute transition after breaking the press. Manual was very athletic, but not great shooting the ball.

 

FT shooting was atrocious. I mention it because it was the one statistical category they did not dominate against Graves last year and it cost them dearly!

 

I would have liked to see more of SK's bench participate. I understand they played a jv scrimmage as well, so that may explain some things.

 

Nice update! Manual is always athletic and fast! Most likely contributed to the sloppy press break this early in the season. I'm sure they will settle down.

I don't how much the jv played in their scrimmage. SK had their freshmen there also, so the jv/varsity kids should not have been overplayed in the jv scrimmage.

 

Freshman team were there but only one of them played JV.

How is Neice looking? Has she been able to sustain her speed and quickness? That is challenging for most high school girls as they head into their upperclassmen years. Heard she played some EYBL this summer, no slow play going on there! Without Krohmann who are the guards now? Is Ally playing the 1 or 2?

Saw Neice with the Premier and she did well. Played against great competition that will only maker her better. Did check with someone about JV. Shelby 30 Simon 22 last year. Shelby has some good young kids as well, Ally keeps improving sky is the limit, D1 offers will come I think, defense is not D1 but offensively she is close

One thing that dawned on me today when I saw the saw the rankings was that Meier pretty much shut down McCune, the big girl Manuel has that has committed to West Virginia.

One thing that dawned on me today when I saw the saw the rankings was that Meier pretty much shut down McCune, the big girl Manuel has that has committed to West Virginia.

Meier will definitely be able to nuetralize oppossing bigs with her size, unless an opposing big runs the floor well. To be fair to McCune, WVU did not sign her for her offensive prowess.

Meier will definitely be able to nuetralize oppossing bigs with her size, unless an opposing big runs the floor well. To be fair to McCune, WVU did not sign her for her offensive prowess.

 

Yes, I gathered that when she jumped from what seemed like the block and rejected a 3pt. shot! LOL

In response to last year's JV. ......Incorrect, JV lost at least a couple last year however, they were very good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.