Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin County's basketball coach resigns

Featured Replies

I have heard from a trusted source that the newly hired coach just quit the job. This is a huge blow to this team, with only 3 weeks before the season and no coach they have some problems. This team has a lot of talent, but it is hard for any coach to come in with 3 weeks and learn the players, get an offense implemented, and be a successful team. Who is next in line for the Gallatin County team?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard the same this morning! WOW!

I have heard from a trusted source that the newly hired coach just quit the job. This is a huge blow to this team, with only 3 weeks before the season and no coach they have some problems. This team has a lot of talent, but it is hard for any coach to come in with 3 weeks and learn the players, get an offense implemented, and be a successful team. Who is next in line for the Gallatin County team?

 

True.

That stinks! Who was the new coach?

Assuming this is true, can anyone provide a reason why Coach Menke resigned this close to the start of the season?

Assuming this is true, can anyone provide a reason why Coach Menke resigned this close to the start of the season?
No assuming, it's fact. Details are not available at this time.
Assuming this is true, can anyone provide a reason why Coach Menke resigned this close to the start of the season?

 

No assuming, it's fact. Details are not available at this time.

 

I can confirm FBD's comment as I work with a parent of a Gallatin Co player. While at work yesterday, he got text messages from his daughter and his wife telling him about it. The girls were told the news yesterday at school.

 

I will also add, that as of this mornings update from him, it sounds like there are a few very good options being explored. Hopefully one of those will work out for the better.

 

I wish the best to those young ladies, especially the Seniors.

Didn't he have a daughter on then team?

Didn't he have a daughter on then team?

 

Coach Menke is female, with no children.

I maybe thinking of Grant County sorry.

It is rough having a new coaching change at all. Then having the new coach resign only weeks before the season starts..... I feel bad for the girls! I hope this is happening for the better and a new coach steps in ASAP. I would hate to see their season go down the drain because there is a lack of leadership. I wish the Gallatin County girls the best and I hope it works out for the bunch!

I have heard from a trusted source that the newly hired coach just quit the job. This is a huge blow to this team' date=' with only 3 weeks before the season and no coach they have some problems. This team has a lot of talent, but it is hard for any coach to come in with 3 weeks and learn the players, get an offense implemented, and be a successful team. Who is next in line for the Gallatin County team?[/quote']

 

I can think of two names that might be candidates who both have head coaching experience that also have Gallatin Cty connections. Both gentlemen also worked at the same NKY school with one now retired.

Source told me that a retired coach from a neighboring county already had a interview

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.