Covington Catholic 3 Henry Clay 0

Yes!!!! very exciting to see them live up to their expectations for the first time ever in CCH history! in all of NKY history at that! Being an all boys private school I can't believe this is the first state title win. However like I said way to represent NKY!!!! comgradulatioms!!!! nothing but positivity in that but I know you would look for something negative of course.

If you want to read negativity into facts that is completely up to you, really nothing backhanded meant but also no retraction being made.

I'm very happy for the boys on the team.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of that is relevant to my comment... Just stated a few CovCath supporters need to win with a little more class... Glad the trophy is in NKY

I couldn't agree more. I was taught the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. I'm glad the boys that won the game on the field have enough class to win and still show good sportsmanship. Be happy you won, why pull a comment out from the past. Again Comgradulatioms Cov Cath.

As a team you are correct CCH has not won a Team Tennis title but it has had multiple Individual State Tennis Champions. As a side note CCH Boys Tennis team was State Runner up this year. Not too shabby! Note like soccer and basketball in KY Tennis only has one division.

Finally watched the reply of the finals and it looked like CCH was able to put it all together after a rocky first 10 minutes. Nice to see the biggest question mark they had going into the game was answered which was ability to capitalize on scoring chances with quality finishes. As stated the back and midfield played to the level expected and with both Lamb and Litzler sp?) able finish well they were able to play up to their potential. Sort of makes one wonder if that finishing was there all year long how some previous games would have ended. But alas, water under the bridge and a final congrats to the boys from Park Hills bringing home the first boys title to NKy. I honestly wasn't aware of that aspect of the accomplishment until I saw the replay of the Fox News broadcast this morning. (sorry, I'm an OH guy and been tied up with those games the past week).

Big congrats to the players, coaches, staff , school and the CCH community.

Thanks, I tend to agree. Going unbeaten against all Kentucky competition says a lot as well as their final team stats. 28 games, 109 goals scored with only 18 goals against, including back to back shutouts in the semi-finals and finals. Despite what some may say, in my 30+ years of watching soccer in N. Ky. this is the most complete team from top to bottom that the area has seen. Athletically, technically, coaching and most importantly, a huge will to win that is second to none.

GP... I heard something a couple of days ago that I feel is worth mentioning on here. Everything this team accomplished this year is tremendous but I lean towards this being be the most impressive stat this group has achieved....

It is my understanding that the seniors on the soccer team, which I believe numbers 18, have an average ACT score of 31.

Well done boys, I feel this rivals what you were able to achieve on the pitch this season.

GP... I heard something a couple of days ago that I feel is worth mentioning on here. Everything this team accomplished this year is tremendous but I lean towards this being be the most impressive stat this group has achieved....

It is my understanding that the seniors on the soccer team, which I believe numbers 18, have an average ACT score of 31.

Well done boys, I feel this rivals what you were able to achieve on the pitch this season.

I believe that stat is correct as reported by our AD at the post game gathering but only he would have those facts but that is what he said. I do know that we have 8 governor's scholars out of the 18 seniors, another very impressive stat.