Mexico’s Supreme Court Legalizes Recreational Use Of Marijuana...

Colonels_Wear_Blue

...for four people. The four citizens who submitted the petition to the Supreme Court are now permitted to cultivate, possess and transport marijuana as long as it is for personal use.

Sales and distribution are still banned, as is all consumption by the remaining 118 million citizens of Mexico.

Strange.

Mexico high court opens door to recreational marijuana use

...for four people. The four citizens who submitted the petition to the Supreme Court are now permitted to cultivate, possess and transport marijuana as long as it is for personal use.

Sales and distribution are still banned, as is all consumption by the remaining 118 million citizens of Mexico.

Strange.

Mexico high court opens door to recreational marijuana use

So I take it that if I go to Mexico, become a Mexican Citizen, petition the Supreme Court of Mexico, I could possibly cultivate, possess, and transport marijuana for my own personal use?

Just an idea.

Strange verdict. I'm assuming more than just 4 people signed the petition? What about the others whose names were on it?

It doesn't sound like it was a circulated petition or anything. It was a petition more like "These four guys petitioned the court..."