Child Killed In Police Shooting Involving Child's Dad

Clyde

It was a traffic stop, she did eventually pull over and approached the officer and was shot after putting her hands in her jacket.

So are implying that if a regular citizen is in a verbal dispute with another citizen and one person feels that their life is in danger based upon the other party putting their hands in their jacket, like this officer said, that citizen could open fire?

I'm curious as to why you are being so misleading regarding this incident.

It was not a routine traffic stop.

She was driving a stolen vehicle and fled after running a stop sign. Once she stopped she immediately exited the vehicle and began approaching the deputy.

"The deputy is giving her verbal commands to 'Step back get back in your car,' she did not comply. She started reaching to her pocket at which time the deputy based on what he said was in fear for his life and that's when he shot her," Sgt. Fred Jones, an LSCO spokeperson said."

Not at all what you tried to make it seem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
It's a shame that he got manslaughter instead of murder. I hope he ends up in general population.

The officer was sentenced to 40 years for the manslaughter charge and 15 years for the attempted manslaughter charge. He will serve the sentences concurrently though so in essence he got a 40 year sentence.

Now that you see the 40 year sentence are you OK with the conviction on manslaughter?

It is better than nothing but from the background on the story that I've read I think murder was more appropriate. These guys deserve to die in jail.

They probably will die in there, They got more time than Shelley and Morris...both are eligible for parole after 25 years (just 10 years from now) for murdering Sam...only White (the money man) got life without parole.

They probably will die in there, They got more time than Shelley and Morris...both are eligible for parole after 25 years (just 10 years from now) for murdering Sam...only White (the money man) got life without parole.

It doesn't seem like it could possibly have been that long ago. Those guys should never get out either.