Given the preceived situation at UofL,is it possible that NCAA delivers Death Penalty

Riverside 157

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the talk of death penalty is crazy. I can see a loss of scholarships. I can see ban on post season play. I can see a fine. I can see Pitino being suspended some games.

No way the death penalty comes down. I don't think the banner comes down. Only way the banner comes down to me is if Pitino knew about it and the payment was from UofL funding. No way either of those happened. Aside from his personal life (and I think it is hard to judge people on personal issues because we all are flawed) Pitino has been GREAT for college basketball. The man is no saint but anyone who thinks their college team's coach is, is a fool IMO

From what I am hearing the University is preparing to be hit with "Lack of Coach Control" which typically has been coaches being Suspended for a period of games. From what I know this is what the University is expecting.

That's possible. I also look for a 1-year postseason ban.

But no way will there be anything like the death penalty.

They should be, because there's at least some truth in all of this.

Do you see them imposing sanctions on themselves?

I said in another thread someone close to things (who has been right about many other things) shared with me this morning that UL knows penalty is coming.

They now know that Andre had a relationship with Katina Powell. They also know a very small group of former players involved in this as well. Maybe one recruit.

They believe that 75% of what she is saying is false. The dollar amount is what they dont believe. Also this wasn't done to try to get recruits. This was a few guys getting sex and giving girls tickets and access. Katina is upset now because Andre is not arround to get her into games.

I said in another thread someone close to things (who has been right about many other things) shared with me this morning that UL knows penalty is coming.

They now know that Andre had a relationship with Katina Powell. They also know a very small group of former players involved in this as well. Maybe one recruit.

They believe that 75% of what she is saying is false. The dollar amount is what they dont believe. Also this wasn't done to try to get recruits. This was a few guys getting sex and giving girls tickets and access. Katina is upset now because Andre is not arround to get her into games.

This is about what I expected to be the extent of this debacle. If that's what it is, I'm not seeing how that would warrant a post season ban. JMO.

Im kinda surprised that many if not all posters on this thread believe that UL will escape this mess with a slap on the hand ( loss of schlorship(s), post season ban etc. ) ! I see these charges as very damaging to UofL, UofL Basketball, City of Louisville etc.!!!! Don't miss understand me, I support UofL, however, this is a very serious situation/accusations and in this politically correct world we live in, just cant see NCAA giving a light hand slap.!!! Potentially => Multiple felonys, prostitution, underage prostitution, satutory rape charge(s), money mismanagement, etc...! You think the NCAA (IF the accusations are TRUE) are going to treat this like a $50 hand shake or giving a student athlete a car???? Time will tell. Lets hope it doesnt come to this, but its going to be a long battle for UofL to save face and keep credibility. I believe UofL is in complete damage control now. Only way to avoid the Death Penalty (again IF TRUE!!!) is to replace Pitino and Jurich. Now a days, its not if you knew or participated in the infraction, WAS it ON YOUR WATCH!!!! Things my friends dont look good!!!

Also this wasn't done to try to get recruits. This was a few guys getting sex and giving girls tickets and access.

To add, this does happen ALL THE TIME on campus, it's just not with known prostitutes. That's the issue here, obviously. You can see the same girls in and around those dorms, getting tickets, wearing athletic gear all the time. And it ain't because they have a pretty smile...