Phones: Anybody gone back old school?

Harry Doyle

As I sit here and look at our bill this month between my wife and I (all $207 and some change), I can't help to feel like I'm getting closer to us doing this.

Like most all people these days, here we sit with two smart phones (iPhone 6 and Samsung Note 4), plus two iPads (one ours, one her work) and our MacBook lap top I'm typing on now (PLUS our two work laptops). First off, why the hell do we (speaking for our house hould and practically most all others) need all of that crap as is & furthermore, why in the hell are we spending $200+/month for a couple of other devices that CAN'T do a single thing more than those others, except call?

Get two old school phones, pay $50-75/mnth (guessing) for calling...be done with it. I sit and think about the money we could save and what it could go towards (good chunk of payment or all towards a car, boat, camper, vacation, etc).

Has anybody else done this, thought/thinking about it?

I've gotten pretty good about as soon as I walk through the door about 6:00-6:30, putting my phone up or leaving it in my truck & being with her and my kids until usually looking at it sometime late at night (or not).

While I'm on that, is anybody getting tired of texting? I very seldom do it anymore. Instead, I wear out the voice message option (Apple only can do Apple, but my Samsung can send to droid and IOS).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate talking on the phone. I mean I despise it. Texting is my preferred choice of communication. I can text all day. If Randy Parker would text I'd talk to him everyday. He doesn't though so I talk to him about once a month. He sucks.

I have an iPhone 6 and a mini iPad that I share with my wife. We need a laptop. The convenience of our phones and iPad is amazing but there is so much I'd rather do on a computer. Why don't we have a computer? Gotta pay the phone bill. :lol2:

I hate talking on the phone. I mean I despise it. Texting is my preferred choice of communication. I can text all day. If Randy Parker would text I'd talk to him everyday. He doesn't though so I talk to him about once a month. He sucks.

I have an iPhone 6 and a mini iPad that I share with my wife. We need a laptop. The convenience of our phones and iPad is amazing but there is so much I'd rather do on a computer. Why don't we have a computer? Gotta pay the phone bill. :lol2:

Talking on the phone is the absolute worst.

You're paying way, way, way too much. We have 4 smart phones on our plan and it's just barely more expensive than what you're paying.

We are heading by Verizon today on our way to the zoo....gotta do something. Thing is, data package wise, I believe we are getting the almost bare minimim..2 gigs maybe?

Verizon is part or the problem. They are a touch hire than AT&T, but where we live and work (especially this), it's a must. Sprint, T-Mobile are out of the question altogether, even though I wish they weren't.

We are heading by Verizon today on our way to the zoo....gotta do something. Thing is, data package wise, I believe we are getting the almost bare minimim..2 gigs maybe?

Verizon is part or the problem. They are a touch hire than AT&T, but where we live and work (especially this), it's a must. Sprint, T-Mobile are out of the question altogether, even though I wish they weren't.

Yeah, we have Verizon and we have 7 gigs of data, unlimited everything else, and for 4 smart phones are paying about $230 after all taxes and fees.