Draft Kings/Fanduel Scandal

HammerTime

FanDuel permanently bans employees from playing DFS for money amid inquiry

Two of the biggest daily fantasy sites, DraftKings and FanDuel, responded Wednesday morning to calls asking for greater transparency.

FanDuel announced, in a statement, that it had permanently banned its employees from playing on other fantasy sites, a day after the two sites temporarily imposed that ban. Both companies had always banned employees from playing on their own sites.

FanDuel spokesperson Justine Sacco told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the company's internal data showed that DraftKings employees won 0.3 percent of the money the company has awarded in its history. While Sacco wouldn't disclose the specific number, it is known the company has given out nearly $2 billion, which would put the DraftKings employees' winnings at around $6 million.

$6 Million is a lot of money if we are only talking about 50-100 employees.

Damn shame. Like they can stop their employees from playing on the other websites. :lol2:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all should do yourselves a favor and look up Bill Burr's clips on DraftKings. They sponsored a few of his podcasts, so he had to read their copy at the end of his episodes. He completely ripped them a while back when he was reading it, they complained about it but sponsored him again and he did it again. It's hilarious. Anxious to hear what he'll say since this stuff has come out.

You all should do yourselves a favor and look up Bill Burr's clips on DraftKings. They sponsored a few of his podcasts, so he had to read their copy at the end of his episodes. He completely ripped them a while back when he was reading it, they complained about it but sponsored him again and he did it again. It's hilarious. Anxious to hear what he'll say since this stuff has come out.

:lol2: Just looked it up on youtube, that's awesome.

The one he is just roasting them in the middle of the read. :lol2:

I can't believe either company is not profitable at this point. I read they spent $100 million on advertising on the first week of the NFL alone.

The CEO of Fan Duel was on HBOs Real Sports last year. He said they were starting to make money last year but the projections for this year were going to be huge.

I'm more mad at myself for not creating a Fanduel or a Draft Kings website than I am for being swindled by them. It's so perfect. Totally missed the boat on this idea. Been playing fantasy sports for almost two decades and totally whiffed on it. I'm so salty.

Don't sweat it PP...none of us did. Some housewife came up with "Barney" - the dinosaur kid show and made about eleventy billion dollars. I have asked my wife many times why SHE could not have been that housewife!