Driving peeves

kyyank

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 - Fools who get in the left lane on the interstate and then never get out of it while barely doing the speed limit. Then the same fools will intentionally speed up to keep you from passing them on the right.

#2 - People who put their turn signals on and then just come on over without looking where there really wasn't space for them.

#3 - People who drive up on your bumper or try to go around you you when you have put your turn signal on (with ample time) in order to back into a driveway or parallel park.

When someone fails to merge into the left turn lane until they are all the way to the light. They then try to sneak in and cut someone off so they can turn. Makes me want to follow them till they park and deflate all four of their tires. We all have to be somewhere. Merge early and wait your turn.

Yeah, but my Ohio coworkers always manage to get the word "hillbilly" in when complaining about Kentucky drivers. Drives me nuts!

While I loathe car racing, that would be the time to point out that all the best drivers come from hillbilly states. None come from Ohio, as far as I've ever heard. If so, they're the best of a really bad lot.

I have almost 3,000,000 logged miles driving. I've either seen, or done every stupid thing possible while driving. I learned long, long ago. Letting stupid drivers get under your skin makes for long trips. I tend to just smile, or laugh at times, at all the stupid things people do.

I was at a 4-way stop this past Friday and a woman in a van, on the phone, pulls into the intersection behind another and completely blocks it. Nobody could turn left into the street where I was sitting and I could not proceed straight. She caused a hell of a jam up and all the time we watched her screaming at someone on her phone, totally oblivious to what she had just done.

I have almost 3,000,000 logged miles driving. I've either seen, or done every stupid thing possible while driving. I learned long, long ago. Letting stupid drivers get under your skin makes for long trips. I tend to just smile, or laugh at times, at all the stupid things people do.

Hard to laugh it off when you're almost put into a median wall or darn near sideswiped by someone not looking to see if lane is clear. Sometimes ya just gotta vent. But, you're probably right to try to not let it get under your skin.