Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Rankings 9-28-15

Featured Replies

1. DeSales at 6A North Hardin

2. Mayfield vs. #6 Murray

3. Christian Academy-Louisville at 6A Meade County

4. Owensboro Catholic at McLean County

5. Danville vs. 1A #6 Campbellsville

6. Murray at #2 Mayfield

7. Newport Central Catholic --OPEN

8. Lloyd Memorial vs. 6A Conner

9. Leslie County vs. Allen Central

10. Shelby Valley vs. Betsy Layne (10/1)

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

The argument continues: DeSales or Mayfield, who you got? Those two teams had better not forget about CAL and Owensboro Catholic. How good is Danville? NCC may have showed us something last week, how far will they be able to go this year? Some love for Leslie County and Shelby Valley, do they deserve it? Who else should be considered for those two spots?

I think the rankings are spot on.

DeSales vs. North Hardin is an interesting score to watch.

 

We have debated North Hardin in other threads. They are a middle to back of the pack team in 6A, but have played some pretty good teams and been competitive. If DeSales beats the brakes off them there may be some meaning there. On the same side of the coin, if NH gives DeSales all they want it will be a bad look for the #1 team in 2A.

 

I would set the mark at 3 TD's. Anything less than three and it is fair to critique the performance. Anything above 3 TD's is a statement made.

On that same token Lloyd vs. Conner is a game to keep an eye on. Just this week Newcath lost to Conner in a game that the two teams seemed to be pretty evenly matched.

 

If Conner bull rushes Lloyd it will speak to the separation in Region 3. If Lloyd can battle with Conner and keep it close you definitely have to look at them as a threat to NewCath.

Think the colts make a statement....

It will be interesting to see how well Desales defends a spread team with the speed and athletes that NH have. NH's weakness though is Desales strength, the o and d lines. If Desales does well, they may very well be able to defend Mayfield and O'Cath. Desales will probably slow the game down and keep the NH offense off the field. I would not be surprised to see a 28-14 type of game.

Think the colts make a statement....

I thought they made one their last game.....

Owensboro Catholic is almost a mirror image of where they were at this time last year, statistics and scoring. Now they go into that part of the season where its running clock time until the playoffs. It would be so good for the team to have a playoff contender down the stretch to play to get ready for the playoffs. Blow out games can't be good for the offense or the defense. It is what is with the weak district they are in plus playing the city schools leaves only 2 games to schedule. I was hoping North Hardin would be a good matchup but they aren't looking very good so far. Go Aces!

Well said RAM, any body, and I mean any body who over looks any team come playoffs can be beaten on a given night (excluding some 1 vs. 4 match ups). That's what I meant earlier these season, 'that I hope we (DeSales) meet Mayfield cause that means we got pass the CAL's and Murray's and OC's....DeSales got some work to do on offense and could use a little tweeking D too (stopping BIG plays)......so the argument of who's number 1 now is fun but meaningless.

My only points on who should be #1 goes like this.

 

Mayfield loses in overtime to a good 6A team and they drop as they should.

 

DeSales loses to a good 5A team and gets shut out and retains the #1 postion.

 

If that's the case DeSales should have been #1 all along on BGP's. I don't know why the script as been flipped but....

My only points on who should be #1 goes like this.

 

Mayfield loses in overtime to a good 6A team and they drop as they should.

 

DeSales loses to a good 5A team and gets shut out and retains the #1 postion.

 

If that's the case DeSales should have been #1 all along on BGP's. I don't know why the script as been flipped but....

 

I think McCracken County and Fern Creek are pretty even. Mayfield lost by one TD and DeSales lost by two TD's. Edge to Mayfield. I think you have a point but it looks close between the two so I can see how some favor DeSales. How each team plays this week against tough opponents could change it up again in the rankings.

Just curious as to why Murray is ranked 6th, is it personal opinion of the author, or is it formula based? Looking at Murray's schedule and results I would put them at #8 with NCC 6 and Lloyd 7. I admit I have not witnessed Murray in live action , but I have been told Murray has a Defense that on any given night can be very tough. I suppose these rankings are just a way to get lively debates going and the playoffs will be the ultimate decider.

Snakesnot,

i would love to meet you...

DeSales wins by 7

  • Author
Just curious as to why Murray is ranked 6th, is it personal opinion of the author, or is it formula based? Looking at Murray's schedule and results I would put them at #8 with NCC 6 and Lloyd 7. I admit I have not witnessed Murray in live action , but I have been told Murray has a Defense that on any given night can be very tough. I suppose these rankings are just a way to get lively debates going and the playoffs will be the ultimate decider.

These are the Bluegrasspreps' Rankings they are compiled by a group that knows Kentucky High School Football and watches the teams play in person or on video. The Bluegrasspreps Ranking Staff puts in a lot of time and effort to make sure they provide the highest quality product possible, that is why many believe the BGP rankings to be superior to other rankings available.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.