NKY Power Rankings 09-21-15 Sponsored by Orange Leaf Crescent Springs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not worked up at all, it's just common to post your own if you disagree with them. Where would you put NewCath and HHS and why? It comes up on a lot of rankings. People will disagree but when asked to rank and defend their choices they choose not to. Not a big deal as it's all just for conversation. You say HHS is not a top 5? Who behind them do you think would beat them and why? Personally I could have gone with Beechwood ahead of them until last week. Don't see anyone else below them that would beat them. On NCC I agree that at this point in time they would beat Scott based on the results of the first game as well as events since then.

Totally agree with NewCath's ranking, I forgot Jacob Smith was out against Scott, he would've been a huge game changer with both offense's struggling. With Highlands, I'd honestly go with Beechwood ahead of them & I just dont see them as a .500 team, a team like that shouldn't be top 5. But they have played some tough competition, it's just the games aren't even close. This isn't a usual Highlands team, I feel like the only reason their still top 5 regardless of the competition they've played is because their Highlands.

Totally agree with NewCath's ranking, I forgot Jacob Smith was out against Scott, he would've been a huge game changer with both offense's struggling. With Highlands, I'd honestly go with Beechwood ahead of them & I just dont see them as a .500 team, a team like that shouldn't be top 5. But they have played some tough competition, it's just the games aren't even close. This isn't a usual Highlands team, I feel like the only reason their still top 5 regardless of the competition they've played is because their Highlands.

I think CWB has HHS at number 5 because he doesn't see anyone who would beat them other than those already ranked ahead of them. I agree with him after the results of the Beechwood/CCH game.

This is a nice year in that there is a lot of head to head games among the top several so everything will work itself out about the time all the teams head into their playoffs.

Define blow out.

Right, SK/Ryle should be a good game down to the wire. Hopefully it will be a good test and push both prior to playoffs.

I will be rooting for SK but Ryle is a good team.

Rankings I believe SK is #1 but understand Ryle getting votes while both are the only 2 undefeated teams.

I do agree that Jacob Smith would've been a difference maker. But I still don't see Highlands as a top 5 team. Previous Highlands teams would've played some great games against these team. Overal I agree with your rankings, don't take it to the heart. I look forward to these rankings each week.

Any of the Highlands teams of the past 8 years would be undefeated with this years schedule.

I can agree with this. Just for the record, I am a Conner Cougar fan as my son plays for them. I have to say I am also pretty proud to see Ludlow hit #10 as that is my alumni and it is good to finally see them having a great season!

Yes it is. Didn't they have a nice season last year too? I was thinking they had.

Any of the Highlands teams of the past 8 years would be undefeated with this years schedule.

Nice thought... oh, nevermind that wasn't a thought that was all ego. No they wouldn't be undefeated. Way to claim your righteous throne again without actual facts. They didn't play so last year's team doesn't matter. ( you would have lost anyway) . Only this year's teams matter. You can't daydream this year away or claim pretend victories.

Yeah, I think they went 6-5 last season. To be honest, I would just like to see them beat Beechwood one year! I like your screen name. My son plays center for Conner and is #75 . No kidding. I hope he has a good game against NCC this Friday night!

Yes it is. Didn't they have a nice season last year too? I was thinking they had.

Yes they did, 6-5 I believe. I would just like to see them beat Beechwood one year! Anyway, like your screen name. My son plays center for Conner and is #75 .

Yes they did, 6-5 I believe. I would just like to see them beat Beechwood one year! Anyway, like your screen name. My son plays center for Conner and is #75 .

That's great, hope he's having a wonderful time. Good luck to him. I'm always partial to the offensive line. All the other positions get a chance at being noticed but the o-line only gets noticed when they screw up. Even their outstanding blocks are missed by 90% of the fans watching.

Also, as to putting New Cath over Scott, their game in week 0 was an ugly one for both teams, and Scott only won by one point. New Cath has had nice showings against Campbell County, Belfry, and Harrison County since then, and when you add in the fact that they played Scott without the benefit of Jacob Smith (who ran for 10.17 yards per carry and 4 touchdowns this week against Harrison County), and I have to think New Cath would come home with the win if they had a rematch at this stage of the season.

If both teams were healthy today, I'd take the Eagles by 2 TD's. Everyone is quick to give NewCath the benefit of the doubt because Smith didn't play against Scott. Yet you fail to take into account that Deondre Pleasant for Scott was limited the first 3 games of the season. Smith didn't do much against Campbell and Belfry so how do we know he would have had success against Scott? Because he averaged 10 yards per carry against a bad Harrison Cty team? The same week Pleasant averaged 17 yrds per carry against a better opponent but that doesn't get mentioned.

If you want to say with Scott's injuries, NewCath is better you won't get an argument from me but if you are using the 1st game of the year as your proof then I will beg to differ.