9 officers arrest black teen after jaywalking

SportsGuy41017

Helps them with what? This is a minor issue.

Was it excessive? IMO, yes it was, mainly due to the number of officers and the fact it was for a jaywalking kid.

Was it something that warrants some sort of discipline? Not in the slightest IMO.

It helps BECAUSE of the claims being made online and by locals. As you know, stories keep getting exaggerated as they are re-told.

Video doesn't lie. Kid wasn't bloodied. Nothing worth of firings or lawsuits exists.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be a broken record. Right, wrong or indifferent...what is wrong with simply respecting and obeying the policeman. Hopefully everyone has seen Chris Rock's documentary about how "not to get your ...kicked by the police".

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+not+to+get+your rear end kicked+by+the+police

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Ted Bundy had a tail light out. Resisted and assaulted the arresting officer.

Timothy McVeigh didn't have a license plate.

David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) parked illegally.

Jaywalking may be minor, but it's enough for the officer to investigate who they are. Are they wanted? Is he carrying a gun illegally? Or his he a teen that didn't realize jaywalking is against the law?

When he fails to comply with a lawful order, the red flag goes up.

There is so much contempt in this country right now, it makes every job hard. It makes the police officer's job tougher.

There were 9 there, and I said the extra 6-7 could've been doing something productive. Seems like I did answer it if you were paying attention.
No, you weren't clear, is 2 reasonable or 3 reasonable...Just to be clear. You said 6 or 7 others weren't needed...was it 6 or 7 that weren't needed?

I'd argue the 6 or 7 were doing something productive.

Also, the "kid" is 16 and has a little size to him. He wasn't some puny weakling.

The arresting office wasn't going to end this by himself.

I'd also say that this video helps the officers.

I did some searches on Twitter. A few said the 9 officers beat the kid bloody.

Simply not true.

The one officer could have ended it but would have been much worse on the kid if he had to do it himself imo.