South Warren 24 Central Hardin 3

charlesw88

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souths defense has been that good over the past three years and every team has struggled running the ball against south. It's kinda been like smith knows what the other team is running befor they do. Smith is that prepared and has his team that ready.

When Litten got banged up and played with his left ankle taped and limping till mid way in third took a weapon away from Souths offense and Cummings going out early didn't help offense production either.

With the loss of offensive players on both sides it turned the game into a defensive battle.

One of the biggest stands south had was the stop of Central Hardin from first and goal from 1 in the first quarter and holding them to their only score a field goal. Central Hardin scores their and ties the game could have been different.

South Warren should be #1 in 4A.

Before we say that lets remember Johnson Central, they will have something to say about that, but man what a game it would be.

No knock on Johnson Central. I'm just saying South Warren is an excellent team and based on who they have played/beaten they should be #1 . Doesn't necessarily mean they are the best team in 4A. Rankings don't mean anything come playoff time.

South Warren very stout defensively. Central special teams play hurt them and stupid penalties. Not making excuses because South Warren is very good team but Central's run game took a big hit in the first quarter when their running back Xavier Arnette came out with what appeared to be a leg/knee injury and never returned. Last week he had over 200 yardss and 3 TD's. Hats off to South Warren I'd be surprised if they don't play for the 4A championship. I left very impressed.

True that Arnette going out didn't help CH, he wasn't getting anything going before that and the SW offense was fairly limited when litten got hurt early too. He was a non threat for most of the game because of the ankle injury and could barely get out from under center to make handoffs

True that Arnette going out didn't help CH, he wasn't getting anything going before that and the SW offense was fairly limited when litten got hurt early too. He was a non threat for most of the game because of the ankle injury and could barely get out from under center to make handoffs

You say he wasn't getting anything going before he got hurt I may be mistaken but I'm not sure how many times he ran the ball but he went out. It was in the first quarter and i think on on the second drive for Central. Not many attempts I wouldn't think. Congrats to South Warren and good luck in 5A. I will be very surprised if you don't make it to state finals. Very impressed. Hope all the injured players are back suited up and on the field on Friday.

Before you head explodes, Arnette had a strained MCL and missed most of the game. Congrats on winning, Central has issues with QB play and penchant for turning the ball over. Pretty simple formula for teams playing Central Hardin right now, stop their run and you have a good chance of winning, passing game is almost non-existent