Is there any politician I can believe in?

I gave up on politics and politicians a long time ago. I don't talk about it, don't follow it, could care less. People who are so consumed by it 24/7 in my mind are wasting their time. I'm convinced that it doesn't matter who is in office, they will all do the same things: break campaign promises, do all they can to line their pockets, and their supporters pockets, and be part of the status quo. Party affiliation, moral values, doesn't matter - in my mind, they're all crooked in the end. They all say they're working for me, trying to make things better for me, but they really aren't. Republican and Democratic supporters are so convinced that they are right, that their way is the only right way, and that the other side is going to ruin the country. I step back and say it doesn't matter - they're all in it for themselves in the end. Even newcomers get sucked in - because to win the election, you have have to become something you say you are not.

To me voting has become choosing the least evil from a dumpster fire full of evil.

I'd love to feel good about someone, someone I can believe in, but I'm pretty sure they don't exist.

I gave up on politics and politicians a long time ago. I don't talk about it, don't follow it, could care less. People who are so consumed by it 24/7 in my mind are wasting their time. I'm convinced that it doesn't matter who is in office, they will all do the same things: break campaign promises, do all they can to line their pockets, and their supporters pockets, and be part of the status quo. Party affiliation, moral values, doesn't matter - in my mind, they're all crooked in the end. They all say they're working for me, trying to make things better for me, but they really aren't. Republican and Democratic supporters are so convinced that they are right, that their way is the only right way, and that the other side is going to ruin the country. I step back and say it doesn't matter - they're all in it for themselves in the end. Even newcomers get sucked in - because to win the election, you have have to become something you say you are not.

To me voting has become choosing the least evil from a dumpster fire full of evil.

I'd love to feel good about someone, someone I can believe in, but I'm pretty sure they don't exist.

Unfortunately, the older I get the more I agree with you Dallas...add in the lobbyists and a TOTALLY CORRUPT media and it is not a pretty picture.