2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

Im not sure how you meant this... But, I wouldn't say Davis was "held" scoreless. To me, that implies the defense shut him down. I didn't see it that way. He missed some open looks, and a couple tough finishes. He looked to get teammates involved in 2nd half. Didn't work out. CE defense and pressure was good, but didn't think it was geared toward stopping Davis.

Hensley coming back slowly,seemingly. Looking to get back into it after 2 months out. But, logged decent minutes tonight. SVE had some foul trouble I believe.

Good game. Good teams. Good players. Good coaches. Good atmosphere!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple double not including rebounds. Pretty impressive. I'm assuming points/assts... And steals?

Pearson was a difference maker. Got to the hole. Hustled his tail off. Missed some FTs, but handled the pressure fairly well and got to the rim. CE big also made some clutch plays/FTs in the later stages.

Hope to see these two matchup again in February! Fun to watch.

Pearson was fun to watch tonight. Got to the rim with ease. Centers was quite from the field tonight. But when it gets hairy the ball gets in his hands. But he rebounded well made the big plays when needed they put a lot of attention on him scoring he had a lot of steals and deflections. That Davis kid is fun to watch great player. And when Hensley is 100% that team is really good

Im not sure how you meant this... But, I wouldn't say Davis was "held" scoreless. To me, that implies the defense shut him down. I didn't see it that way. He missed some open looks, and a couple tough finishes. He looked to get teammates involved in 2nd half. Didn't work out. CE defense and pressure was good, but didn't think it was geared toward stopping Davis.

Hensley coming back slowly,seemingly. Looking to get back into it after 2 months out. But, logged decent minutes tonight. SVE had some foul trouble I believe.

Good game. Good teams. Good players. Good coaches. Good atmosphere!

Sorry to disagree Davis is a great player but in the first half CE left him open he hit big shots but in the second I thought they locked him down pretty good. Now that might be y he tried to involve other team mates because he didn't have open shots and I feel that's totally what they did was try to shut him down in the 2nd but I'm just a fan not a coach

You may be right. That may have been the game plan. That said, hind sight is 20/20,trying to just stop one player for a team like SVA (or, CE for that matter) is almost playing with fire. The team has other kids that can and did score. The reason I said I didn't think the defense was "geared" to only stop Davis is because they seem more dimensional. Davis also had a several open looks (defining open as enough space to shoot, as that is typically all he needs) in the second half, but shots didn't fall. He was trying to get teammates involved because he's been playing the PG and that's his job this season, even though he's shown an ability to score.

Either way he didn't score, yes, but we do disagree on how that happened. Both teams played tough. CE played well enough to win and made some key plays, as a team, on O and D. Fun to watch. Centers and Pearson were good. I thought the Big played a key role, and number 11 had a couple key buckets.

The big did a great job tonight. And yes as a team that's what got them the win. licthy number 11 made some huge buckets and coomer made a couple huge plays on D and spake being way under sized had some big rebounds late in the game and I also agree Pearson was the difference maker in tonight's game getting to the rim

You may be right. That may have been the game plan. That said, hind sight is 20/20,trying to just stop one player for a team like SVA (or, CE for that matter) is almost playing with fire. The team has other kids that can and did score. The reason I said I didn't think the defense was "geared" to only stop Davis is because they seem more dimensional. Davis also had a several open looks (defining open as enough space to shoot, as that is typically all he needs) in the second half, but shots didn't fall. He was trying to get teammates involved because he's been playing the PG and that's his job this season, even though he's shown an ability to score.

Either way he didn't score, yes, but we do disagree on how that happened. Both teams played tough. CE played well enough to win and made some key plays, as a team, on O and D. Fun to watch. Centers and Pearson were good. I thought the Big played a key role, and number 11 had a couple key buckets.

And I still can't wait to see Hensley back to 100% I love his game and swagger the kid is fun to watch play. U can tell he loves the game

Hunter Ahlfeld led Highlands 8th over Gray tonight. 21 pts 7 rebs and 7 steals.

Birds still have 3 on the Pup list.

Ahlfeld has developed into a great scorer and his quickness on Defense is earning him several steals in the backcourt. Once HMS is at full strength look out.

Ahlfeld has developed into a great scorer and his quickness on Defense is earning him several steals in the backcourt. Once HMS is at full strength look out.

Salter was back tonight right?? So they have one other starter witch is Huddleston hurt right now

I think CE has highlands Thursday should be another great game

Salter was back tonight right?? So they have one other starter witch is Huddleston hurt right now

I am not sure I believe he could've played I didn't see the game just saw some highlights on FB. I know Huddleston and sub Jack Delagrange are out.

Centers triple double & 8 boards lead the way for CEMS. Gavin Pearson with a nice game. SV's coach seems to be easing Hensley back slowly. CEMS rallied from down 7 at half to win by 8. Davis from SV was held scoreless in the 2nd seemed to be the difference.

Correction... 8 steals not rebounds.

Are you stating that he had a triple double and 8 boards. Was the triple double - points' date=' blocks, and assists?? steals??? That would be a huge night in a 24 minute Middle School game.[/quote']

10 points

12 assist

10 points

8 steals.

Best part of his game was his defense. Switched him over on Davis for the 2nd half.

And I still can't wait to see Hensley back to 100% I love his game and swagger the kid is fun to watch play. U can tell he loves the game

He's one of the most talented players In NKY in this class. What he has that some of the others don't have is size. He's going to be 6'4"~6'5". He's a really good kid as well.

Huddleston and Jack D were out, Salter came back but was limited in offense as his hand was wrapped pretty good and Nate G was knocked out of the game(knee).

Ahlfeld played well again tonight. They have CE and Summit View coming up and will probably get crushed in both games. HMS has to get healthy. They aren't going to beat any of these good teams right now. You can't play good teams without support. Birds will be fine for after X-mas and when the tourney starts.

Huddleston and Jack D were out, Salter came back but was limited in offense as his hand was wrapped pretty good and Nate G was knocked out of the game(knee).

Ahlfeld played well again tonight. They have CE and Summit View coming up and will probably get crushed in both games. HMS has to get healthy. They aren't going to beat any of these good teams right now. You can't play good teams without support. Birds will be fine for after X-mas and when the tourney starts.

Glad to see Ahlfeld having a great season he's a great kid. Hopefully highlands is back to 100% soon.