Simon Kenton 52 Bryan Station 35

uk#1fan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this one, made the trip. SK defense is suspect at best, they'd best keep scoring 50 although once they start playing the good teams in their schedule I will be concerned. Powell is really good, and once again the have an O line that is amazing. I'm 40 ish plus or minus and I've lost 10 steps, but I could get it done with those holes.

SK has had a nice run of quality O-Linmen recently.

Simon Kenton 52, Bryan Station 35:A week after pitching a shutout in a 49-0 season-opening victory over Knox Central, the Defenders failed to solve Simon Kenton's offense in their home debut, allowing the Pioneers to gain 557 total yards.

Most of the damage was done by senior workhorse Dillon Powell, who rushed 40 times for 286 yards and three TDs.

Two Defenders topped the century mark through the air in the losing effort for Station. Senior Rafael Few hauled in ten catches for 110 yards and a score, while fellow senior Devon Key grabbed six receptions for 100 yards and another TD.

Key added two rushing scores as well, the second of which pulled the Defenders to within three points at 38-35 with 2:55 left in the game. But Powell's final TD and a 42-yard pick-six by junior linebacker Markie Rider sealed the win for the Pioneers.

Read more here: High school football highlights from area, state | High School Sports | Kentucky.com

That's a lot of carries for Powell. He has had durability issues in the past and if I were coach, I don't think I'd be giving him 40 carries in a game again. Great game by the young man, just 40 carries with his frame and past would be a concern for me.

That's a lot of carries for Powell. He has had durability issues in the past and if I were coach, I don't think I'd be giving him 40 carries in a game again. Great game by the young man, just 40 carries with his frame and past would be a concern for me.

He didn't play much in the 3rd quarter either.