Cooper 35 Newport Central Catholic 0

Cooper is making a statement to NKY and should be the favorite in 6A up here. With SK and Ryle playing well it certainly creates more interest. Looking forward to those 2 games on the Jags schedule.

A making a statement beating a 2A team?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A making a statement beating a 2A team?

Yea. More of a statement than SK who was losing to a 2A team in the 3rd qtr or was only up by 3 with just over 2 mins left in the game when they were by your accord "running away with it" last night.

Yea. More of a statement than SK who was losing to a 2A team in the 3rd qtr or was only up by 3 with just over 2 mins left in the game when they were by your accord "running away with it" last night.

I believe it would be a different game if NewCath had their starting RB in the game.

I believe it would be a different game if NewCath had their starting RB in the game.

Why? He played the last 2 years against Cooper with the same results. Also he only has himself to blame for being out.

Smith would not make a 35 pt difference.

Cooper is making a statement to NKY and should be the favorite in 6A up here. With SK and Ryle playing well it certainly creates more interest. Looking forward to those 2 games on the Jags schedule.

I agree, NKY 6A should be more interesting compared to previous seasons. Obviously, Cooper looks really good, as does Simon Kenton, and this may potentially be Ryle's best team since Hempel.

I like how reporters always combine Highlands with another team for total combined state titles. You can combine Highlands with anyone and it adds up to a lot of titles. I expect the article the day after the Simon Kenton Highlands game to say "Highlands and Simon Kenton combine for 23 state titles!" They'll probably leave out that none of the titles are from Simon Kenton.

Cooper outgained NewCath in total yards 392-79. The Breds had 26 yards rushing on 20 carries.

Key stat to this game. I will agree with Hellbird, NCC definitely has a great run defense. We did make a few great plays to get loose on long runs but they were working hard in the middle. Seth Keller added an INT to his stats, both Kellers were all over the field again. Dante added another INT as well, kid can really extend when necessary. Again I think NCC will do fine in district play. I look forward to Cooper's game next week vs Bryan Station

Edited by CooperSportsFan

Congrats to Coach Borchers and his Cooper team. They just might be the best team in NKY. Time will tell! NCC faithful know this routine over the last few years. They do have a very winnable game this week against Campbell Co and then tough matchups with Belfry and Conner before starting district play. Bottom line, they will win their district and battle for a spot in BG. TO SUCCEED......