Lucasville Valey (OH) 33 Portsmouth (OH) 0

oldrambler

Final.

I am posting this score on bgp bc we have some Southern Ohio H.S. Football fans here. Also, to put more emphasis, attention on just how tough the 2015 Raceland Football schedule really is. Along with 4A Ashland, Lawrence Co. and surging Greenup Co., 3A 2014 state semi finalist Russell, district foes #2 Paintsville, #8 Fairview, add Ports. West and Lucasville Valley, OH.

I watched all the highlights on this one and if anyone thinks or just doesn't know - Valley is one of the very best football teams in Southern Ohio and they are for real. From what I hear is that Valley has one lineman that has committed to Ohio State (if U. Meyer wants a kid - they can play ) and a QB, RB and a couple of WR's that are Legit major D1 Prospects.

Portsmouth never was bad and I don't think they would be now and Valley, much smaller school, blows them off the field.

From reading an Ohio site it seems the posters there seem to think this is the worst Portsmouth team since 1995. I guess we'll know how good valley is in Ohio when they play Wheelersburg. I don't see too many schools who will beat Valley on Valleys schedule besides Maybe Raceland,Portsmouth West,Wheelersburg.

Edited by GOREDDEVILS

I love me some Rams but they don't have the horses to hang with Valley. Neither does West. And also Valley is not smaller in number than PHS . Or least very close in number . Valley returns many starters from last season's final 8 ( or 4 ??) team , and no offense to KY but Ohio has tons more teams per division and much more depth than Ky .

I love me some Rams but they don't have the horses to hang with Valley. Neither does West. And also Valley is not smaller in number than PHS . Or least very close in number . Valley returns many starters from last season's final 8 ( or 4 ??) team , and no offense to KY but Ohio has tons more teams per division and much more depth than Ky .

Ohio should be expected to have more teams in each divison considering they out number the Kentucky population 11,553,031 to 4,379,730.

Yes , and with that depth comes more good teams , making it harder to advance in the state playoffs . My point going deep in the playoffs in Ohio is more impressive than deep in Ky . . Being a Kyian' I hate to admit that but truth is truth . There's a reason mediocre Ironton teams thrash Ashland every year .

So what is the enrollment figures for males at PHS Vs Valley Vs Raceland ?

I think Fleming did play them tough . Close game . But it certainly wasnt one of the better games for Valley. And I'm not a Valley backer . They are just really well coached , and have had a super past 2-3 seasons and brought back a bunch from a solid squad . I'd like to think the Rams can hang but I keep remembering Raceland giving up 60 plus to Portsmouth East just a couple years ago . And East isnt anywhere close to Valley . Bout like Bama VS ? Marshall ? Big Big gap there .

I think Fleming did play them tough . Close game . But it certainly wasnt one of the better games for Valley. And I'm not a Valley backer . They are just really well coached , and have had a super past 2-3 seasons and brought back a bunch from a solid squad . I'd like to think the Rams can hang but I keep remembering Raceland giving up 60 plus to Portsmouth East just a couple years ago . And East isnt anywhere close to Valley . Bout like Bama VS ? Marshall ? Big Big gap there .

Keep in mind I am not a Raceland fan

Another item:

Lucasville Valley 42

Coal Grove 22

Raceland 48

Coal Grove 32

I would have no issue saying Lucasville Valley can and may beat Raceland..but between the Fleming County score (Fleming was a middle of the pack 3A team last year) and the common opponent Coal Grove I see nothing that insists Lucasvilel Valley should be out of Raceland's league.

FWIW I'll be rooting the Ky Boys -- Go Raceland :) They are not out of Valley's league but will be a underdog that night . Is it at Valley ? They have this big blow up Indian head that intimidates the opponent .

My dog is scared of balloons too. I doubt the Rams will care as much.

Final.

I am posting this score on bgp bc we have some Southern Ohio H.S. Football fans here. Also, to put more emphasis, attention on just how tough the 2015 Raceland Football schedule really is. Along with 4A Ashland, Lawrence Co. and surging Greenup Co., 3A 2014 state semi finalist Russell, district foes #2 Paintsville, #8 Fairview, add Ports. West and Lucasville Valley, OH.

I watched all the highlights on this one and if anyone thinks or just doesn't know - Valley is one of the very best football teams in Southern Ohio and they are for real. From what I hear is that Valley has one lineman that has committed to Ohio State (if U. Meyer wants a kid - they can play ) and a QB, RB and a couple of WR's that are Legit major D1 Prospects.

Portsmouth never was bad and I don't think they would be now and Valley, much smaller school, blows them off the field.

Thanks for posting.

When an out of state game has any KY high school football implications you are strongly encouraged to do exactly what oldrambler did here and post a final score thread on it.

Keep in mind I am not a Raceland fan

Another item:

Lucasville Valley 42

Coal Grove 22

Raceland 48

Coal Grove 32

I would have no issue saying Lucasville Valley can and may beat Raceland..but between the Fleming County score (Fleming was a middle of the pack 3A team last year) and the common opponent Coal Grove I see nothing that insists Lucasvilel Valley should be out of Raceland's league.

I appreciate the info :thumb:, but at least for me, I don't put a lot of store in comparing scores. Score comparison can maybe give an idea but it's the matchups head to head and in that same season that tells the story. Too early to talk about the Valley / Raceland game now. We have plenty of football before then.

FWIW I'll be rooting the Ky Boys -- Go Raceland :) They are not out of Valley's league but will be a underdog that night . Is it at Valley ? They have this big blow up Indian head that intimidates the opponent .

We tend to have emphasis on the human / team problems rather that the props. Besides, We here in Ramblerville have a huge RAM head / tunnel so that trumps their Indian head. :)

Yes , and with that depth comes more good teams , making it harder to advance in the state playoffs . My point going deep in the playoffs in Ohio is more impressive than deep in Ky . . Being a Kyian' I hate to admit that but truth is truth . There's a reason mediocre Ironton teams thrash Ashland every year .

So what is the enrollment figures for males at PHS Vs Valley Vs Raceland ?

PHS 187 9-11th grade, Valley 132 9-11th grade,Raceland 9-11th grade 129