Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro Catholic vs. Daviess County predictions

Daviess County at Owensboro Catholic 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Daviess County at Owensboro Catholic

    • Daviess County (1-0)
      18%
    • Owensboro Catholic (1-0)
      81%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Catholic looked pretty good last week and when they get all those typical early season mistakes out of they will be special. I only know a little about DC but the talk I have heard is that they are much improved. I even know a DC fan who believes they will win this game which was good to finally hear some positive stuff from a high school football fan in Owensboro not from Catholic or OHS.

All I know about DC is they have alot of Seniors and guys who have been playing and starting for several years. I heard their QB got an Elite 11 Regional invite and their big WR (name escapes me) is D1 talent. Let's put it this way if DC can't be competitive in this one then all that hype and talk I heard about them all summer should be stopped. 21-20 over ACS is a good road win but OC is capable of putting up points quick.

Good points zone!

If you pull out a 1 point win (on the road albeit) against a mediocre Allen Co Scottsville team, I find it hard to see how you are going to beat a tough OC team with a lot of weapons. But DC likely looks at this game as a rivalry game; not sure if OC does or not and I look for them to come out pump up and ready to play. Thing is DC has been talked about for their offense. Their defense better be well rested on Friday night.

  • Author

The big WR scares me because a guy like that can take over but I still have a hard time thinking DC can win.

How are the O- and D-lines for Catholic?

This is a big game for Daviess County. A lot was made in the offseason about "changing the mindset" and then in game #1 , DC nearly loses to a very mediocre ACS team. I do think DC has very talented skill guys who could give fits to many teams across the state.

 

OCath meanwhile has their system in mid-season form. RZIII is on point and executes the offense about as well as a high school kid can. If OCath's defense can keep the potent DC offense at bay, I like OCath in a route.

 

Owensboro Catholic 49

Daviess County 21

Daviess County has talent out the ears on the offensive side of the ball. Quarterback Adam Bouchard has all the looks of a college type of QB. He did indeed get invited to the elite 11 regional camp in Columbus, i believe it was. John Stratton is his #1 target on the outside. Hes a big 6-5 target with great feet and even better hands. They also return backs Chase Lecroy and Samuel Spiceon. Both are very solid. In talking to coach Brannon in the preseason, he wants to try to run the ball to open up the pass. He believed that DC relied to heavy on the downfield passing game last year. The ACS game showed this, as DC only threw it 17 times. I think its important for DC not to outsmart themselves and not try to hard to establish the run. The bread and butter is Stratton and Bouchard. They will need big plays to stay in this game, as i am not sold on the Panthers defense.

 

Catholic is Catholic. What you've seen before is much of the same. I think their defense will look similar to last season and thier offense may be even more explosive with Shamri Morton back in the fold. DC is going to have to prove they belong in these types of matchups before i can buy in. Last years game had similar hype and the Aces dominated DC, 49-7.

 

Catholic 48

DC 33

OC 49-14 unless they want to run the score up!!

I'm going to give the "Edge" to OC in this one due to the coaching staff and the combination of Zuberer/Morton/Garner which I think will be more game than Daviess Co's big 3.

 

OC 49

DC 20

I think DC will keep it close for a half then OC hits the accelerator. For DC to have a chance they must win the TO battle big and run the clock on offense. DC has some really good athletes, but I don't think OC looks past them. I'm guessing:

 

OC 35 Daviess 23

I know everyone is going to pick OC in this one and no one can blame them. I wouldn't be so fast in making that prediction, I think the panthers can make a game out of this.

I know everyone is going to pick OC in this one and no one can blame them. I wouldn't be so fast in making that prediction, I think the panthers can make a game out of this.
Lizard, welcome to BGP! What makes you believe DC can keep it close? How do you see the game playing out?

Thanks for the welcome Purp, I used to be a regular poster over on kypreps.com. That place is like a ghost town these days, I really hate to see that - we always had some good discussions of Owensboro area sports there. Someone had encouraged me to check out this forum, it's a little northern, eastern & central KY heavy but maybe we can bring some Western KY jazz to this site.

 

Getting back to the game this Friday, I do think this game can be a competitive game. Although I do think OC will likely come out ahead in the end. OC has been running the same system for years and years - it's a proven well oiled machine (until they run into the buzz saw known as OHS) ha! - DC is still getting used to a new head coach, although he's been on the staff for a while I'm sure it's still an adjustment.

 

Personally, I don't think they ever should have got rid of Kimbrell, what an asset OHS got with him. That topic is for another place and time - a post that's about 6 months too late.

Thanks for the welcome Purp, I used to be a regular poster over on kypreps.com. That place is like a ghost town these days, I really hate to see that - we always had some good discussions of Owensboro area sports there. Someone had encouraged me to check out this forum, it's a little northern, eastern & central KY heavy but maybe we can bring some Western KY jazz to this site.

 

Getting back to the game this Friday, I do think this game can be a competitive game. Although I do think OC will likely come out ahead in the end. OC has been running the same system for years and years - it's a proven well oiled machine (until they run into the buzz saw known as OHS) ha! - DC is still getting used to a new head coach, although he's been on the staff for a while I'm sure it's still an adjustment.

 

Personally, I don't think they ever should have got rid of Kimbrell, what an asset OHS got with him. That topic is for another place and time - a post that's about 6 months too late.

Good Stuff here Lizard! I hope you like BGP! There are good folks on here and even though as you say it being North heavy; that's ok with me as long as the WKY team wins :lol2:

Owensboro area teams are looking good this year and REALLY looking forward to the BG v OHS game. Will be the game of the year for the Purples (and likely Red Devils too). Paying attention to OCath too especially because of their awesome QB. DC is a decent team, just seems like they have more issues to deal with this year, but beat Henderson County and you can go to the playoffs.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.