Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When will a Lexington 4A school win another championship?

Featured Replies

Henry Clay was stacked this past year. If they could not do it...

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take another Eric Shelton type performer for a Lexington school to win a state title. A big powerful back that carries would be tackler(s) for ten yards......that's the kind of athlete that will give Trinity and St. X the most difficulty defending.

It will take another Eric Shelton type performer for a Lexington school to win a state title. A big powerful back that carries would be tackler(s) for ten yards......that's the kind of athlete that will give Trinity and St. X the most difficulty defending.

e.g. Mike Bush.

Lexington has a chance if enrollment continues to climb at Lexington Catholic and they eventually go 4A

Lexington has a chance if enrollment continues to climb at Lexington Catholic and they eventually go 4A

 

I thought they are locked in their enrollment. IE they cannot get any bigger.

I dont really know much about 4A football mainly a 2A guy but I saw Henry Clay's tape of Belfry and they ran around Belfry like it was nothing. I believe one day Henry Clay will win it again but that is the only lexington school with the talent that I have seen to match up with the Louisville Schools

It's not going to get any easier if Coach Coverdale is really coming back to Trinity! He has one of the best offensive minds in the NATION!!!!

  • Author
The reason that Lexington schools aren't winning 4A titles is the same reason the rest of the state isn't, either. Only five non-Louisville schools have won the 4A title in the 24 years since Henry Clay, and none in the last nine seasons.

 

But unlike the most of the rest of the state I think the Lexington schools have as good as if not better talent than the big 3. I bet Henry Clay has had more D1 scholarship players the last ten years than Trinity and St. X put together.

But unlike the most of the rest of the state I think the Lexington schools have as good as if not better talent than the big 3. I bet Henry Clay has had more D1 scholarship players the last ten years than Trinity and St. X put together.

That may be true. I know last year they had a ton of talent. They came into Marshall highly ranked but left with nothing to show for their effort but a butt-whuppin. The Rocks went up by three TDs early and HC quit. Great athletes, not much of a team. I would have to question the coaching. They couldn't defend the pass very well, and when the Rocks stopped their big back they had no plan B.

Well, Coach Cov is back, and that spells trouble for Fayette County and her sister counties around. I suddenly got much more excited for next season, and you know why. People had just started to get used to some our nuances that Sam had at Trinity and now Cov comes back, along with his shifts mis-direction, etc.....and the head scratching gets to start again.

I dont really know much about 4A football mainly a 2A guy but I saw Henry Clay's tape of Belfry and they ran around Belfry like it was nothing. I believe one day Henry Clay will win it again but that is the only lexington school with the talent that I have seen to match up with the Louisville Schools

Was that last year's HC team that ran around Belfry with ease?

I thought they are locked in their enrollment. IE they cannot get any bigger.

Only reason enrollment won't get to 4A level is there is no more space in the school. If addidtions are made to the building, then enrollment will rise.

Was that last year's HC team that ran around Belfry with ease?

 

Yes, week 1 in the Pike Co Bowl. Their athleticism really stood out against the young Pirates on both sides of the ball.

e.g. Mike Bush.

....and Montrell Jones, this combo was the difference in 2000!

....and Montrell Jones, this combo was the difference in 2000!

I was thinking more along the lines of the 2002 State game when Trinity had great difficulty bringing down the beast known as Bush. Man he was impressive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.