Scott/Dixie Predictions

uk#1fan

Who do you think wins this game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Scott
    • Dixie

Scott averaged these points against small school competition over the last 3 years. Now that the schedule has been beefed up a bit, we will see how good they really are. Not putting any offensive points up against NCC is not a good sign initially. I hope they get back on track.

Ok. Let's take the small schools out. In 19 games over the last 3 years against 4a competition (and thhe only 4a team on the schedule the last 3 years was Holmes) and above Scott scored 475 points, for an average of 25 points a game. So they scored about 1 less touchdown per game against bigger schools over the last 3 years. I don't know about you, but I'll take my teams scoring 25 points a game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize Scott has averaged 28, 35 and 32 points per game over the last three seasons?? This offense can put points up pretty quickly. Yes it is a ball control offense, but they have been a high scoring offense over the last 3 years.

Scott can definitely score, no doubt in my mind, but this number is definitely skewed a little bit. I would like to see an average against quality teams. It has been discussed at great lengths how Scott's schedule until this year was vanilla. Not taking anything away from those 2 GREAT RB's they have, but that number would be much less against better teams.

Ok. Let's take the small schools out. In 19 games over the last 3 years against 4a competition (and thhe only 4a team on the schedule the last 3 years was Holmes) and above Scott scored 475 points, for an average of 25 points a game. So they scored about 1 less touchdown per game against bigger schools over the last 3 years. I don't know about you, but I'll take my teams scoring 25 points a game.

Scott WAS 5A, what was their average in district play the last 3 years?

Scott WAS 5A, what was their average in district play the last 3 years?

24.75 points per game. Last year dragged that average down some as they only scored 6 against South Oldham, and 7 against Cooper. And yes, I know they've put up big numbers against Grant County.

Yes, Scott has played some bad teams--Brossart, Holy Cross, Grant County (whom they had to play), Aiken. But they've played some decent teams as well. The district has been tough, and Franklin County was on the schedule a couple years. And in the last 3 years, they've been non competitive in only two games. Last year and 2012 vs Cooper. You could also argue the Franklin County games in 2012/13 weren't great. In nearly every other game, they've held their own, for at least part of the game.

Look, I understand what everyone is saying. But while not elite, Scott has been pretty good the last 3 years, and probably better than most give them credit for.

2014 Scott scoring

Cooper-7

South Oldham-6

Anderson Co-13

Conner-16

Grant Co-43

I don't know about you, take out a bad Grant Co, that doesn't look like high scoring

Yep, I mentioned that last year was a bit of a down year from previous years, where they scored 20+ in just about every district game or game against similar competition. On average though, over the last 3 years, the numbers are what they are....nearly 25 pts per game against similar competition.

I will go with Dixie in this one. Everyone keeps saying how young Dixie is. Are they really that young or just inexperienced? I have heard they may start 3 Sophomore on the offensive lineman so that makes the offensive line young. Can someone shed light on this?

Seems like all summer long we heard about how potent Scott's O would be. And they didn't put a single point up against NCC. Kind of concerning if I'm Scott. I think this game means more for Scott then it does for Dixie.

Maybe you are right . I think this win may mean more to Scott than Dixie. They beefed up the schedule in the non district , to help better prepare them for district play and playoffs. This week is an important game to work on some of the mistakes and offense . The goal is to get better week in and week out . If you can win while still improving that is a bonus. This game means more to Scott also because of the years the program has been very poor. These kids have been part of The programs Change . They keep hammering everyday .

Any BGPers going to be in attendance at Rice Mountjoy Stadium tonight? I know C1 will be there. Anyone else?

I am going. The game I picked to attend. I have a free night so it should be fun. Didn't want to fight the crowd at Highlands. Lloyd/Beechwood intrigued me, also, as well as Cooper/NCC.