1-855-735-2210

MJAlltheWay24

I don't know about you guys but I hate when I get phone calls from 800 numbers and they don't leave voicemails.

For the last two weeks I've received a daily, and then twice a day, and now it's 3-4 times a day from this number. No voicemails.

I finally answered and it was Time Warner wanting to let me know about promotional offers in my area. Figured I'd share if others were having the same problem.

Don't know about you guys, and maybe I'm getting more stubborn with age, but that's almost a good enough reason for me to stop using them for my Internet.

Very true. I have Cincinnati Bell for internet, the only reason I've stuck with them is a buddy works there and has given me a discount where I get a very low price.

I'm in the middle of my annual 'why did my rate go up when you said it never would' with Cincy Bell. It'll take hours of arguing to finally get them to agree to do what they said they'd do years ago. Wish I had an alternative or a friend there that could 'fix' these stupid problems to avoid the yearly hassle.

I've been pleased with my Cinti Bell Fioptics but it is an annual battle. As a customer of over 35 years I demand they give me the best promotional pricing they offer any new customer. First time they don't I'm gone. This year it took a little extra effort but they threw in some additional perks. I had my TW options all lined up and ready to go. Maybe next year.

I've been pleased with my Cinti Bell Fioptics but it is an annual battle. As a customer of over 35 years I demand they give me the best promotional pricing they offer any new customer. First time they don't I'm gone. This year it took a little extra effort but they threw in some additional perks. I had my TW options all lined up and ready to go. Maybe next year.

Let me tell you how STUPID Cin Bell is. (Ive posted before many issues) but this takes the cake. Saturday dude knocks on my door, Cin Bell dude, goes on his speak about Fi optics and all the benefits. So I let him finish, here goes the conversation:

Cin Bell Dude: So you want to sign up?

Me: Can't

Cin Bell Dude: (Puzzled look), why not?

Me: Cin Bell wont let me

Cin Bell Dude: I dont follow you?

Me: Who sent you here, corporate?

Cin Bell Dude: Yes, sales push in the area.

Me: That makes sense

Me: Corporate should know that we dont have Fi Optics in this area?

Cin Bell Dude: You dont (dude got that uneasy look on his face)

Me: Nope, heck we dont even have internet lines for Cin Bell at all out here only the cable company.

Cin Bell Dude: Really?

Me: Yep call your corporate peeps, ask them, in fact call them right now, let me talk to them.

Cin Bell Dude: ummmmmmm

Me: Dont worry your just doing your job, I dont blame you.

Cin Bell Dude: Ok well you have a good weekend.

Me: You too, good luck making a sale in this zip code.

Cin Bell = STUPID

I play this game with Cinti Bell & AT&T. Always give them price/extras that a competitor is offering (usually just make up some figure) and I'm walking if you can't help me.....and then it's, "are you going to call my bluff". 99% of the time they will give you what you want, or something that is satisfactory to your liking. I usually throw in, I'm paying tuition for 3 girls in catholic schools and can't afford their prices, gets them everytime. I actually look forward to these calls.

Let me tell you how STUPID Cin Bell is. (Ive posted before many issues) but this takes the cake. Saturday dude knocks on my door, Cin Bell dude, goes on his speak about Fi optics and all the benefits. So I let him finish, here goes the conversation:

Cin Bell Dude: So you want to sign up?

Me: Can't

Cin Bell Dude: (Puzzled look), why not?

Me: Cin Bell wont let me

Me: Who sent you here, corporate?

Cin Bell Dude: Yes, sales push in the area.

Me: That makes sense

Me: Corporate should know that we dont have Fi Optics in this area?

Cin Bell Dude: You dont (dude got that uneasy look on his face)

Me: Nope, heck we dont even have internet lines for Cin Bell at all out here only the cable company.

Cin Bell Dude: Really?

Me: Yep call your corporate peeps, ask them, in fact call them right now, let me talk to them.

Cin Bell Dude: ummmmmmm

Me: Dont worry your just doing your job, I dont blame you.

Cin Bell Dude: Ok well you have a good weekend.

Me: You too, good luck making a sale in this zip code.

Cin Bell = STUPID

:lol2: This reminds me of what they did to my parents and their neighborhood a couple years back.

So this lady calls and talks to my Dad about switching to Fioptics and the price is much better for basically the same thing he was paying with DirecTV at the time. He goes ahead and signs up. They come out to do the install, the guy is outside for about an hour or so, finally he comes in and goes, "Sir, not sure why I'm here. It's pretty clear looking at the lines and area that Fioptics isn't available yet in this area."

My Dad calls the lady that scheduled it for him back and she swears up and down that it's available, but that she'll call corporate and see what's going on. Calls him back later that day and apologizes over and over again and informs him that they released the wrong area to the sales team and that it's not in fact available. Dad tells her much like you did, not your fault, just doing your job. She laughed and said she had 35 calls to make to other people in their subdivision that were scheduled to be switched over. :lol2: I can't imagine how awful that lady's day ended up.

I play this game with Cinti Bell & AT&T. Always give them price/extras that a competitor is offering (usually just make up some figure) and I'm walking if you can't help me.....and then it's, "are you going to call my bluff". 99% of the time they will give you what you want, or something that is satisfactory to your liking. I usually throw in, I'm paying tuition for 3 girls in catholic schools and can't afford their prices, gets them everytime. I actually look forward to these calls.

Can I hire your services? Haha I think you could make some real money off of your enjoyment.

Just to glom on to the Cin Bell and lack of FiOptics issue:

Cin Bell ran Fi Op cable several months ago to upgrade our service area. Mind you we do not have fiber in our area, still running hard cable, but willing to play along. So all Fi Op is run and hooked up ready to go...but...our electric coop, Owen County, refuses to run power to the box to amp up, so no Fi Op.

Cin Bell has been in a dispute with Owen County for better than 6 months, meanwhile, we have internet service that is worse than dial up with no other options other than putting another dish on my roof.

Our customer complaint file at Cin Bell has a long list of call entries, when I'm feeling particularly frustrated at work, I come home and call customer service and see how long it takes for the call to go south. Usually less than 5 minutes...good training for the call center reps I say

Cin Bell stops by. I say no thanks. 2 days later again at the door. I say no thanks. 3 days later I say No and you are the third different person in a week. I say do not come by again. Guy says I will mark your address so you won't be bothered again. 2 days later at the door again. I say I am supposed to be on a list of do not ask me. Guy says it must not have taken effect yet. 2 days later another one at the door. I say No and call your boss and see if I am on the list. He does and says Yes I am on the list sorry to bother me. About 5 or 6 days later another one at the door. I just laugh and say it was between watching grass grow and Cin Bell programming I would watch the grass grow.

I loved Insight I was so mad when they were bought by TWC. My friend who worked there at the time said the first thing they did was throttle down the internet speeds. I have Cincinnati Bell now and they are not much better at all.