Owensboro Catholic v. Louisville Holy Cross

Rambo4343

Owensboro Catholic vs. Louisville Holy Cross  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Owensboro Catholic vs. Louisville Holy Cross

• Owensboro Catholic
    • Louisville Holy Cross

I think OC is really out to prove something this year. This is as much positive chatter as I have heard about this team in a few years. I do expect a great effort from the Aces this week and I think they get a big win.

Welcome to BGP Ace! Hope your team does well this week!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Catholic steam rolls through the regular season, and the first round of the playoffs, and then........... Same song second verse, oughta get better, but it's gonna get worse, Same song third verse, oughta get better, but it's gonna get worse. Same song fourth verse, you know the rest. Murray or Mayfield will send them home for the season.

Welcome to BGP Ace! Hope your team does well this week!

Appreciate it, this is a great place with lots of great people.

I think Catholic steam rolls through the regular season, and the first round of the playoffs, and then........... Same song second verse, oughta get better, but it's gonna get worse, Same song third verse, oughta get better, but it's gonna get worse. Same song fourth verse, you know the rest. Murray or Mayfield will send them home for the season.

Murray has definitely had the Aces number and they have something figured out that most teams can't figure out. I hope this year the Aces give one back to the Tigers but they have a great program that has been very successful.

All season long the Aces play to win then when they hit Murray they play not to lose. I was on the field after every Murray game the last 4 years and the one constant question was what were the coaches thinking! Too conservative, no rhythm, same play over and over again, little outs to the wide receivers, against Murray the offense seems to go east to west instead of north and south. 1st and goal from the 6 and you make no attempt to line your guys up against their guys and just play smash mouth football and run it in! 3 straight passes ends in a pick! If you can't do that you have no business advancing anyway! In that game they rushed 20 times for 92 yards that's 4.6 a carry.

Ocath in a walk this Friday. Too much offense, the D will be shaky but hold up. The nice thing I see this year is that there are enough players on both sides of the ball so that the studs do not have to play both ways...other than the Jacob kid. The line is a question mark with not much experience, but yes OC will have a stellar regular season. OC 48- LHC - 14

Ocath in a walk this Friday. Too much offense, the D will be shaky but hold up. The nice thing I see this year is that there are enough players on both sides of the ball so that the studs do not have to play both ways...other than the Jacob kid. The line is a question mark with not much experience, but yes OC will have a stellar regular season. OC 48- LHC - 14

I think the offense will be shaky.. If you were at the Henderson Scrimmage, I thought the offense should of scored 5 TD's. It's amazing the O scores 2 TD's and everyone thinks OC offense is high powered. Their D only gave a up a jump ball to Henderson Co. who I thought was fast.

In regards to OC Offense. 2 of those TD's were because of their special teams. IF Zuberer keep running around and getting the OL holding penalties then they won't score much this year.

OC should pull away on Friday. LHC is usually a solid 1A school and has their QB back I believe from a team that won 7 straight last year. I predict a 42-13 win for OC. I think alot of people are overlooking the OC vs. Daviess Co game this year. I wouldn't dog OC's schedule too much. Their district is weak but they play 5A OHS, 5A Apollo, and 6A Daviess Co (who should be good this year) and picked up 6A (i think) North Hardin and South Spencer Indiana who is usually a hard nosed above .500 2A school in Indiana.

All season long the Aces play to win then when they hit Murray they play not to lose. I was on the field after every Murray game the last 4 years and the one constant question was what were the coaches thinking! Too conservative, no rhythm, same play over and over again, little outs to the wide receivers, against Murray the offense seems to go east to west instead of north and south. 1st and goal from the 6 and you make no attempt to line your guys up against their guys and just play smash mouth football and run it in! 3 straight passes ends in a pick! If you can't do that you have no business advancing anyway! In that game they rushed 20 times for 92 yards that's 4.6 a carry.

I think they TRY too much stuff against Murray. They probably should play conservative. They throw deep way too much and it gets picked off. Murray's secondary is too deep.

Catholic RB Jonathan Garner was their Best RB last year and he had to play a lot of Def. Their backup RB I think #23 , I don't think he could of scored unless the OL blocked perfect.

I think they TRY too much stuff against Murray. They probably should play conservative. They throw deep way too much and it gets picked off. Murray's secondary is too deep.

Catholic RB Jonathan Garner was their Best RB last year and he had to play a lot of Def. Their backup RB I think #23 , I don't think he could of scored unless the OL blocked perfect.

Yeah #23 only had 8 yards a carry in that game and he and Garner averaged almost 10 yards a carry for the season so no there is no way he could have got in

Yeah #23 only had 8 yards a carry in that game and he and Garner averaged almost 10 yards a carry for the season so no there is no way he could have got in

IF Edge had Russel Hayden or Steward Ijames and didn't run them, then I would agree with you. He hasn't had many physical running backs above them. Garner and #23 were finesse backs not physical. If Catholic would of lined up in 2 TE's and 2 RB's I would came out of the stands and gone crazy. I would of said that would be the dumbest thing ever. If I recall Murray was in man. That's easy for a WR to win if they couldn't do that then I guess their WR's weren't good enough.

From a number stand point that would of left Murray with 7 people in the box. 5 linemen can't block them. They had a hard time blocking 1 on 1. #25 and #23 would have to make 2 people miss and have their OL block perfectly to do that. NFL RB's would of had a tough time getting in.

IF Edge had Russel Hayden or Steward Ijames and didn't run them, then I would agree with you. He hasn't had many physical running backs above them. Garner and #23 were finesse backs not physical. If Catholic would of lined up in 2 TE's and 2 RB's I would came out of the stands and gone crazy. I would of said that would be the dumbest thing ever. If I recall Murray was in man. That's easy for a WR to win if they couldn't do that then I guess their WR's weren't good enough.

From a number stand point that would of left Murray with 7 people in the box. 5 linemen can't block them. They had a hard time blocking 1 on 1. #25 and #23 would have to make 2 people miss and have their OL block perfectly to do that. NFL RB's would of had a tough time getting in.

You are right about that! Its just so hard to throw the ball to the outside when you are so close to the goal line. To me it was 4 down territory anyway. I believe we were down 13-9 so taking a couple of runs to start couldn't have hurt. Well that was last year, time to move on and hopefully they get over the hump this year!

You are right about that! Its just so hard to throw the ball to the outside when you are so close to the goal line. To me it was 4 down territory anyway. I believe we were down 13-9 so taking a couple of runs to start couldn't have hurt. Well that was last year, time to move on and hopefully they get over the hump this year!

I 2nd guess him too sometimes, but I remember him running Ijames f4 straight times one year in overtime vs. Trigg and they won. They had a huge line and were really good running the ball that year. If he had a better line, I have no doubt he would of ran either back at least 1-2 times.

Defensively I did too, but Ididn't realize he had some Defenses only give up 79 pts 2003 84 pts 2002 when he was D coordinator for Lawson. So I don't 2nd guess him much anymore. When I do come up and question him he has solid answers and it makes sense. Sometimes he just says "my fault" it was poor coaching. I don't know many coaches that say that. Alot of them would throw a kid under the bus.

I 2nd guess him too sometimes, but I remember him running Ijames f4 straight times one year in overtime vs. Trigg and they won. They had a huge line and were really good running the ball that year. If he had a better line, I have no doubt he would of ran either back at least 1-2 times.

Defensively I did too, but Ididn't realize he had some Defenses only give up 79 pts 2003 84 pts 2002 when he was D coordinator for Lawson. So I don't 2nd guess him much anymore. When I do come up and question him he has solid answers and it makes sense. Sometimes he just says "my fault" it was poor coaching. I don't know many coaches that say that. Alot of them would throw a kid under the bus.

The line is going to make or break them this year. I felt the best chance for Edge to win state was 2011 and 2012. Those teams were too good not to have advanced further in the playoffs.

The line is going to make or break them this year. I felt the best chance for Edge to win state was 2011 and 2012. Those teams were too good not to have advanced further in the playoffs.

2011- Yes. Dixon leaving for Apollo hurt their speed a bit. Regardless that was a choke.

2012 Yes on the Lines, but NO on skill kids. QB was good, but he had NO break away speed from RB's or WR's. Cart played horrible that game.

2013- Struggle- Murray beat Caldwell in playoffs.

2014- If Morton was ok they might of squeaked it out. Murray beat Caldwll in playoffs.

Edge's best year to win state was 2005.

2004 and 2010 was a now way.