Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam quits football......again.

Featured Replies

Or better yet...where he didn't see it to be a perfect fit for him to do so.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See... I never said that I was above juvenile humor. You should see the silly faces I can make behind the teacher's back for a laugh.

IMO, this guy isn't the right guy to be the first. Jackie Robinson never quit baseball, did he? He was tough. Sam isn't tough enough or good enough to play professional football. All the other nonsense should set him up for some crappy reality show.

On a serious note, did he graduate with a degree? I would assume he would have to get a real job at some point when all the interview/grandstand money runs out.

On a serious note, did he graduate with a degree? I would assume he would have to get a real job at some point when all the interview/grandstand money runs out.

His husband is in the MOB, he dont have to work.

His husband is in the MOB, he dont have to work.

 

I just gave them your address in case of a nuclear fallout.

It's no different than the jokes we all poke at Bill Cosby or anyone where there's some sophmoric sexual innuendo teed up. Hell, BigVMan and lawildcat thrive on such posts.

 

 

I see I'm on your radar today. Bash away, my friend. When Michael Sam is found out to be a serial rapist, then I'll compare him to Bill Cosby. Until then, I'm not going to make fun of a man simply because he likes men instead of women. But then again, women are way less homophobic than men seem to be, IMO. What is it about a gay man that makes straight men so uncomfortable?

Sexual humor is your forte' so forgive if I find it laughable that you poo poo what brand is appropriate or not for this board. And if you read my posts, I never had a single bash on his sexuality. Not one, but that wouldn't suit your narrative would it?

Sexual humor is your forte' so forgive if I find it laughable that you poo poo what brand is appropriate or not for this board. And if you read my posts, I never had a single bash on his sexuality. Not one, but that wouldn't suit your narrative would it?

 

I never singled you out with my post. Just a general observation directed more so at the posters who are actually bashing Mr. Sam solely based on his sexuality rather than his poor football skills. I'm sure you feel the same way as I do when I say I don't give a rat's behind how you feel about my posts or my feelings on what is or is not appropriate. We aren't going to change each other's opinion on the matter, that's for sure.

I never singled you out with my post. Just a general observation directed more so at the posters who are actually bashing Mr. Sam solely based on his sexuality rather than his poor football skills. I'm sure you feel the same way as I do when I say I don't give a rat's behind how you feel about my posts or my feelings on what is or is not appropriate. We aren't going to change each other's opinion on the matter, that's for sure.

 

Personally, I think there's a big difference between joking and bashing. I can't speak for others but I know my posts were just attempts at humor. I have nothing against him at all for being gay. That's not my deal but I certainly have nothing against him for it.

Personally, I think there's a big difference between joking and bashing. I can't speak for others but I know my posts were just attempts at humor. I have nothing against him at all for being gay. That's not my deal but I certainly have nothing against him for it.

 

It's all good. Everyone has different levels of humor and what they find acceptable. That's why the ignore button is such a great tool on BGP. Thankfully, I've only had to use it one time so far. For those that I offend, feel free to do the same with me.

It's all good. Everyone has different levels of humor and what they find acceptable. That's why the ignore button is such a great tool on BGP. Thankfully, I've only had to use it one time so far. For those that I offend, feel free to do the same with me.

 

That's the thing...nothing offends me. I honestly didn't even know there was an ignore button on BGP.

That's the thing...nothing offends me. I honestly didn't even know there was an ignore button on BGP.

 

And I'm not sure that any of the jokes were offensive....just typical stuff everyone has heard before. My only reason for chiming in was to point out, that while everyone cried and rallied for Sam to be treated like any other football player, ultimately, the only thing that people ended up talking about when he finally disappeared, was the fact that he was gay. And if in the end, that's all we end up talking about, stories like his will continue to be news. If we don't want gay players to be in the news or get special treatment, then we need to stop pointing out and making fun of the fact that they are gay.

I think NFL teams passed on him, not because of sexuality or ability, but more of what was between his ears. Is his mentally tough enough to play in the NFL or CFL with all of the outside distractions? Obviously not. Does it make him a bad person? No. It just makes him soft

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.