Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeSales 50 Meade County 0 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

DeSales 50

Meade County 0

 

Defense looked very good

Edited by bigshow
What did you like or not like from the scrimmage?

Heck...sounds like everything looked very good from that score. Goodness.

The Colts are big and deep. VERY impressive against a team that has been in 6-A semi-finals the last two years. Three first half intrrceptions kept this from being worse. Meade got past midfield ONCE. Inexperienced backfield does not have any stars but has numerous interchangeable parts behind a HUGE OL.

I have heard Meade lost a lot this year, but that is still very impressive. How many of those points were Varsity and how much JV?

I'm hearing that the DeSales QB, Austin Davis, is some player. Sounds like he must've had a good scrimmage.

I have heard Meade lost a lot this year, but that is still very impressive. How many of those points were Varsity and how much JV?

 

They did lose quite a bit. But so did DeSales.

And Meade is just 2 years removed from a state runner-up season.

They did lose quite a bit. But so did DeSales.

 

 

I am fairly certain Meade County lost more, but well done Colts.

I'm hearing that the DeSales QB, Austin Davis, is some player. Sounds like he must've had a good scrimmage.

 

This kid has major athletic stuff -- can pass on the run opposite his throwing arm, quick release, has strong running legs, good field vision, can even kick the ball pretty darn well. I'm impressed. However, he also had some huge holes to run through -- BUT he took advantage of every opening like a good runner should. Good speed too. And he looks like an effective leader, remaining poised, talking to his players, and exuding confidence while getting the job done.

 

The whole team is already well coordinated and ready to stomp more than a few teams.

 

On the other hand, Meade looked overall unsure of themselves and small in the defensive backfield. The team looks like it can improve given some time and effort, but they have a TOUGH schedule this year, and I don't see them doing much except preparing for next year.

 

I have to say that once again, Meade has no stand-out players in the skill positions -- no one who really sparks the team to reach a higher level. This is the case year after year.

 

Their conservative veer offense does not afford much threat of big-play potential either. Meade needs better skill players and a more liberal offense to really compete for a big boy title. I know they were in the final last year, but IMO that beat down against Trinity proved that Meade needs more overall speed, skill, and a better offensive scheme to keep defenses honest by reaching outside of constantly bashing the line. More of the unexpected is needed to spread the opposing D a bit more.

 

The Meade defense is usually very good (and I expect them to excel once again this year, eventually), and their size and depth is good. They just need that extra umph to get to another level. Hire me, coach! :)

I am fairly certain Meade County lost more, but well done Colts.

 

Yep, 24 seniors graduating = devastation. How many did the Colts graduate?

  • Author

DeSales lost 22 seniors from last year.

Yep, 24 seniors graduating = devastation. How many did the Colts graduate?

 

DeSales lost 22 seniors from last year.

 

How many were starters for both teams?

 

How many were starters for both teams?

 

Not sure but I suspect Meade County doesn't have the flow of CSAA kids that any of the Catholic schools do, so I would bet it would be more harsh on them.

 

Besides after their game against T last year they all said that they would be down this year because of who they were losing.

Still optimistic about this desales team. No offense to green wave fans but I felt that this did not show anything about this team that I already knew. Wish the competition level was better.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.