DeSales 50 Meade County 0 (Scrimmage)

bigshow

The Colts are big and deep. VERY impressive against a team that has been in 6-A semi-finals the last two years. Three first half intrrceptions kept this from being worse. Meade got past midfield ONCE. Inexperienced backfield does not have any stars but has numerous interchangeable parts behind a HUGE OL.

I'm hearing that the DeSales QB, Austin Davis, is some player. Sounds like he must've had a good scrimmage.

This kid has major athletic stuff -- can pass on the run opposite his throwing arm, quick release, has strong running legs, good field vision, can even kick the ball pretty darn well. I'm impressed. However, he also had some huge holes to run through -- BUT he took advantage of every opening like a good runner should. Good speed too. And he looks like an effective leader, remaining poised, talking to his players, and exuding confidence while getting the job done.

The whole team is already well coordinated and ready to stomp more than a few teams.

On the other hand, Meade looked overall unsure of themselves and small in the defensive backfield. The team looks like it can improve given some time and effort, but they have a TOUGH schedule this year, and I don't see them doing much except preparing for next year.

I have to say that once again, Meade has no stand-out players in the skill positions -- no one who really sparks the team to reach a higher level. This is the case year after year.

Their conservative veer offense does not afford much threat of big-play potential either. Meade needs better skill players and a more liberal offense to really compete for a big boy title. I know they were in the final last year, but IMO that beat down against Trinity proved that Meade needs more overall speed, skill, and a better offensive scheme to keep defenses honest by reaching outside of constantly bashing the line. More of the unexpected is needed to spread the opposing D a bit more.

The Meade defense is usually very good (and I expect them to excel once again this year, eventually), and their size and depth is good. They just need that extra umph to get to another level. Hire me, coach! :)

How many were starters for both teams?

Not sure but I suspect Meade County doesn't have the flow of CSAA kids that any of the Catholic schools do, so I would bet it would be more harsh on them.

Besides after their game against T last year they all said that they would be down this year because of who they were losing.